Page 4 of 6

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:29:07
by SgtBill
Hey Henry, do you still want me to get some Ground Hog's from the green field for the meal that Y'all are cooking. Do you want them fresh kilt or can I shoot some now and put them in the freezer for us.
Bill

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:00:15
by OakRidgeStars
"We're ready for you..."
Image

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:19:19
by firstcavapache64
I knew it. Nobody believed me about the Al Qaeda squirrel but now it's the groundhogs too. Let me be the first to issue a call to arms. I got this one last year but I am sure there are others. Be ever vigilant, these rodents mean business.

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:31:30
by Palladin
Is that Achmed Amadamnutjob? The Dead Terrorist Squirrel? :hysterical:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:49:29
by firstcavapache64
You got it on the first guess. It took some tough interrogation techniques but after 9 hours of gentle persuasion he gave up his partners the groundhogs. Being the proud infidel that I am I was happy to send him to Allah. :clap:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:56:55
by gunderwood
If there is interest, I was thinking of letting people shoot my fifty.

I should have the suppressor by then, so it shouldn't cause hearing damage through your plugs/muffs. Bill says he has some extra steel (http://vagunforum.net/post42079.html#p42079) and I would be bringing API rounds since we don't have enough range to effectively use match bullets. Lots of fun and something everyone should try at least once. Nothing like shooting a fifty.

Problem is to let everyone shoot it that wants too, it gets expensive really fast. I was thinking that if people covered their cost of the rounds (give or take), we could make this work. Normally I wouldn't charge people to shoot my stuff, but .50bmg and .338LM are just soooo expensive and you only get 2k rounds out of a barrel, it doesn't work with large groups.

Bill would you have a problem with this arrangement? Is there interest in trying a fifty? Don't want to bring it if there isn't interest.

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:30:30
by firstcavapache64
I would be happy to pay for any ammo I could shoot. Those rounds are really expensive. I will bring some extra cash if you would let Michael and I shoot it. Thanks for offering a chance to shoot it. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people. I shot the M2 .50 cal machine gun a lot when I was in the service and after a while it lost it's fun factor, but the BMG is much cooler.

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:33:19
by gunderwood
I should have said what it was...

Barrett M99 32" barrel

Anyone who can handle a 12ga shotgun can handle it. Probably around $5 a round is a good rule of thumb. Open to anyone who wants to try as long as Bill is ok with it.

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:19:03
by SgtBill
I have no problem with it at this point. I will let you make the decision on the range when you get here. I only wish I could shoot one again but a completly rebuilt right shoulder willnot let me do so. I have shot a Barret in the past when they first came out with a bolt attached to each round, super neat.
Bill

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:12:12
by Vahunter
If someone really wants to get punished by recoil then I might bring THUMPER. :whistle:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:01:57
by gunderwood
Vahunter wrote:If someone really wants to get punished by recoil then I might bring THUMPER. :whistle:
What would that be?

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:29:09
by Palladin
I'm interested! and willing to pay... :sniper:

'Cause I know I don't have that one budgeted for purchase anytime soon!

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:14:50
by OakRidgeStars
I'll pay-to-play too :sniper:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:27:23
by SgtBill
Thumper is a very light single shot 3 1/2" 12 gauge magnum that kill's on both end's.
Bill

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 21:32:54
by gunderwood
SgtBill wrote:Thumper is a very light single shot 3 1/2" 12 gauge magnum that kill's on both end's.
Bill
That could be fun. :clap:

I think I can one up Thumper by removing the muzzle break on the fifty... :first:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 21:49:25
by gunderwood
I had to look it up. A 7lbs shotgun, 3-1/2" Magnum slug (1-3/8 oz, 601.5gr) at 1900fps yields 59 ft-lbs of recoil energy. A 647gr 50bmg API at 2900fps in a 25lbs gun, yields 115 ft-lbs of energy. A 800gr at 2700 is 131 ft-lbs. However, the recoil speed is higher on the lightweight gun and mine has a muzzle break that should cancel at least half of the recoil. In any case, I'm sure Thumper really thumps. :clap:

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:09:41
by SgtBill
I would be very surprised if thumper weighed in at 7 pounds. It is a NEF I believe with a none wood stock. I might be wrong, Henry will have to tell us.
Bill

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:06:20
by DavidG
Bill,
I am interested in coming to your S&G in June. I live in Augusta County and would like directions to your place.
Thanks,
David

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:18:54
by Unkn0wN
DavidG wrote:Bill,
I am interested in coming to your S&G in June. I live in Augusta County and would like directions to your place.
Thanks,
David

His address is here: (mapquest, google maps, etc will help)
http://vagunforum.net/meet-and-greet/sh ... tml#p28277

And the actual Sign-Up thread is here:
http://vagunforum.net/meet-and-greet/sg ... t4100.html

Re: SgtBill's M&G Extra Thread

Posted: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:00:12
by BluemontGlock
Would be very interseted in paying to play on both the Barrett and the Lapua...
as noted, my ability to go out and get these myself anytime in the near future is out...and there is NOTHING like the actual experience...

So, I am in support, and will watch as it develops, and whatever the high speed/low drag/Most fun option that Bill agrees to is just fine with me...

Thank you for making the offer...!!