Post your latest purchase....

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
Username
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:33:41

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by Username »

zephyp wrote:Whoa Dustin !!!! Man dont you care about the environment. How much gas does that use...what about CO2 emissions...carbon footprint...you need one of them zip cars... :hysterical:
Haha yes it's true I single-handedly am destroying the ozone layer. But, I'm doing it in style... and leather.

Whooo hooo.

I actually traded my bulldozer for it, some $$, and a AR-15
Image
User avatar
gregj
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat, 02 May 2009 22:02:19

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by gregj »

Went to the gun show at Chantilly today, and had a very productive day.

- Picked up a Ruger LCP for $299. :clap: :clap:
- Pocket holster for the LCP and a leather belt holster for the baby Kimber.
- Carry case for my AR and another pistol rug
- Couple of spare XDm mags and a spare mag for the baby Kimber
- Primers and powder
- Once-fired 9mm cases (750)
- and some misc stuff

And I got my 15yr old son a S&W M&P spring assist knife. He's been wanting one of these for some time.

After the show we went to the NRA range and broke in the LCP. :thumbsup:

"Been a good day, tater!" <Ron White>
User avatar
40shooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:06:34

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by 40shooter »

I too went to the Chantilly gun show on Saturday. I got a truck rifle, a High Point 995TS4X 9mm Carbine with a 4x scope. Cheap fun, I guess.
NRA Member
VCDL Member
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by zephyp »

I shoveled more snow. The plow finally came down our street - several times it seems. I almost cried when I saw the pile. About five feet tall and about five feet back into the driveway AND almost all of it big chunks of ice...3 hours later I did cry...

Image
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
graybeard321
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat, 09 May 2009 22:25:03
Location: Appomattox

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by graybeard321 »

I went to chantilly gun show and waiting 5 hours for state police gun check, said the hell with it and went home gunless. I talke d to a lot of other people having the same issue.
User avatar
novaglock
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:47:56
Location: Northern Virgina

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by novaglock »

I found an AR I've had my eye on at a good price and was ready to do it. But... I heard the announcement that background checks were taking forever and decided to go home. At the last show I purchased a gun Friday afternoon, waited until Sunday for the BC to be approved. We need to get the system fixed! Maybe our new administration will be more responsive. So... my latest purchase still belongs to the dealer!
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 14108
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by OakRidgeStars »

Image
User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by GS78 »

novaglock wrote:I found an AR I've had my eye on at a good price and was ready to do it. But... I heard the announcement that background checks were taking forever and decided to go home.




Maybe our new administration will be more responsive. So... my latest purchase still belongs to the dealer!
What "new administration" are you talking about? Some changes at the State Police Dept?
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
gangsta

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by gangsta »

zephyp wrote:Don't have these yet but I asked Santa to bring me several hundred. See them soon on a light pole or building near you...
whats with the whiteface! you do blackface too? my aunt told me about this. thought it was dead. should be.
User avatar
novaglock
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:47:56
Location: Northern Virgina

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by novaglock »

GS78 wrote:
novaglock wrote:I found an AR I've had my eye on at a good price and was ready to do it. But... I heard the announcement that background checks were taking forever and decided to go home.




Maybe our new administration will be more responsive. So... my latest purchase still belongs to the dealer!
What "new administration" are you talking about? Some changes at the State Police Dept?
I was thinking in terms of our new gun friendly Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli. Surely he must have some sway with the State Police.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
User avatar
40shooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:06:34

Re: Post your latest purchase....

Post by 40shooter »

I didn't have a problem with my purchase at the show on Saturday, 20 minutes & I was done.
NRA Member
VCDL Member
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”