Page 2 of 2

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:40:03
by Chasbo00
I intend to do what I can to foster a leadership change at the NRA, especially within the ILA. I don't think members bailing out of the NRA helps anyone but the anti-gunners.

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:00:54
by Diomed
OakRidgeStars wrote:With support for DISCLOSE faltering in the Senate, and no immediate sponsor in sight, the chances of this bill passing is slim.
Don't start counting those chickens yet. I seem to recall the same being said about health care, and we know how that turned out...

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:14:35
by OakRidgeStars
Diomed wrote:
OakRidgeStars wrote:With support for DISCLOSE faltering in the Senate, and no immediate sponsor in sight, the chances of this bill passing is slim.
Don't start counting those chickens yet. I seem to recall the same being said about health care, and we know how that turned out...
Very true. We have to keep the pressure on our local reps.

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:23:31
by VBshooter
Webb is a co sponsor and intends to vote for it! I unfortunately deleeted the email I received from him a few days ago. Warner will probably also ,,seems neither of them ,like most other democrats have an original thought between them.

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:49:45
by TheGodfather
UPDATE: DISCLOSE Act vote takes place TODAY, Tuesday, July 27!

Make your phone calls NOW and tell them to VOTE NO!!

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Posted: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:38:58
by VBshooter
Vote stalled today and Democraps couldn't get the 60 needed to pass it, SO for now its DOA but Senator Reid (everybodys favorite buttwipe) has said he will be bringing it back sometime in the future.(Jackass just don't get it does he?"). We will need to remain cognizant of this and be ready when Ol numnuts tries it again. BTW our two Democrap Cowards voted in favor of this abortion so a line to them might be appropiate to remind them that their time in DC is gonna be 1 term only,,,,, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: