Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7163
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
Location: extreme SW VA

Re: Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

Post by dorminWS »

SHMIV wrote:What's to stop an FFL from buying and selling used guns off the books, anyway?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If he does, he better not get caught with anything in the store that he bought off the books. And I know he could have a separate location, but there'd still be off-record guns on the books for the day - either that or a crap-load of traffic to the secret location. Easier if he just has to duck into the "rental locker".

And remember, I am talking here about the argument the ATF would make. I just feel like a judge or the moke that signs executive orders these days might find it compelling.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

Post by MarcSpaz »

They can really spin it any way they want to. The real question is, how far can they push their luck before the "People" push back?

Honestly, I am sick of unelected federal pukes making rules that can't be contested by the people. It 100% goes against the principles our country was founded on.
User avatar
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:53:38
Location: Smith Mtn Lake, VA

Re: Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

Post by smltooner »

MarcSpaz wrote:They can really spin it any way they want to. The real question is, how far can they push their luck before the "People" push back?

Honestly, I am sick of unelected federal pukes making rules that can't be contested by the people. It 100% goes against the principles our country was founded on.
You just hit the nail squarely on the head.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Re: Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

Post by Reverenddel »

I'm thinking of talking to some storage facilities about converting one, or two of their HVAC units into these with better security doors, and steel cages, and lined professional drilled holes in the floors for Safe bolts. This is too good of an idea.
User avatar
SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 5741
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:15:31
Location: Where ever I go, there I am.

Re: Off-Site Firearms Storage - Companies in NOVA?

Post by SHMIV »

This IS a good idea. I wonder how popular it would be in the Richmond area.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”