Auctioneers selling firearms

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: firearms sold by auctioneers

Post by MarcSpaz »

wpshooter wrote:...Whomever does not believe that is really naive...
There is no denying that. Several people in congress have openly said they are making laws to implement 100% confiscation. Dianne Feinstein was in an interview with a national media outlet saying if it was up to her, citizens would already be disarmed. She is pushing very hard to make it happen.

I am just missing how a boycott of the auctions or auction house is going to help anything. Every single dealer in the US does background checks and so do some private party sellers. Boycotting a single place for obeying the law and legally protecting themselves isn't going to do anything. It just seems like you have some personal issue with them.
User avatar
tinner666
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:46:29
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Auctioneers selling firearms

Post by tinner666 »

I wouldn't bother boycotting them. They're doing what they have to do to protect themselves. :whistle:
Frank
Supporting Member- NRA-ILA,
Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.
TallEd

Re: Auctioneers selling firearms

Post by TallEd »

By all means, boycott them!! It might help keep the prices down. =]
User avatar
Tarheelrebel
Sighting In
Sighting In
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:24:11
Location: New Bern, NC
Contact:

Re: Auctioneers selling firearms

Post by Tarheelrebel »

Are they doing "background checks" or just having a dealer fill in a 4473 for modern weapon transfers? Those records don't go anywhere until the FFL turns in their license--could be just a case of CYA with Federal law....
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Re: Auctioneers selling firearms

Post by Reverenddel »

Prices are NEVER low in an AUCTION!

EVER!

Think about it, you're BIDDING HIGHER TO GET SOMETHING! When I go, I know the value of the weapon, and what I'm willing to spend, I bid to that level, and then I stop.

I have only won two... mainly because no one knew what was being offered.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”