YES! I LOVE THIS ARTICLE! It's EXACTLY how I feel about government!
As many have said before us - it's up to us to put our representatives to task. Please read the following link:
http://www.examiner.com/x-2323-LA-Gun-R ... -authority
Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
The examiner posts some good content. They have a program to hire "reporters" from anyone with a talent for writing. I've considered that before. Hmmm...I smell a plan forming.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
I've thought the same thing on several occasions. I just don't think I could keep up with it, personally.zephyp wrote:The examiner posts some good content. They have a program to hire "reporters" from anyone with a talent for writing. I've considered that before. Hmmm...I smell a plan forming.
Here are their political openings in DC
http://www.examiner.com/Become_an_Exami ... itionID=10
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
They say the average reporter will spend 4-5 hours per week. I dont think there would be much money involved but the exposure could potentially be great.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
I agree on all counts. Too bad there's already a "DC gun rights examiner". You can create your own topic, but it seems that Examiner requires a lot more information about your topic and your previous writings on that topic when you go that route.
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
I looked for the gun rights edition but couldnt find it. They also have outdoorsmen, hunting, and sports. I think I'm going to do a little more research. Not that I have the time, but it might be worth checking out. Could be others here with an interest. VGOF members have quite a bit of knowledge to offer on the subject of guns, gun rights, hunting, equipment, reloading, etc.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


