@CowboyTCowboyT wrote:WAAAH! THOSE BROWN PEOPLE HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS TO ME! WAAAAH!!wylde007 wrote:Slavery was considered a dying institution and plans were being made to gradually eliminate the practice in the South, something which did not occur to the yankee regime until halfway through the war when they saw their cash cow slipping away.CowboyT wrote:And given that slavery would've continued otherwise,![]()
The war ended 135 years ago, bro. YOU LOST. Get over it.wylde007 wrote: But, sure. Let's continue to bleat about it being over slavery and not any of the other things. That makes it easier to embrace the agenda of Lincoln's long line of protege, despicable "soft" tyrants, every last one of them.![]()
Never claimed otherwise. Matter of fact, I agree with you on that point 100%. Our government definitely needs to be shunk, big time. Unfortunately, by your own admission, no Republican has done it, either. Maybe we ought to reconsider this notion that the Republicans are our "saviours"?wylde007 wrote: Not under a single president since has government SHRUNK. Not one. I dare you to prove me wrong.![]()
Here, I'll fix it for ya.wylde007 wrote: The 14th Amendment was enacted under coercion and FORCED citizenship in the uS on everyone. Rather than being a citizen of the sovereign state in which you resided, you were now a subject of the realm. Privileged to the same despotism as everyone else - unless you were a white Southern landowner, in which case you were taxed and excised to death while your land, your wealth and your property were divvied up as spoils.
And it continues to this very day. Disgusting.
Disgusting and disturbing how many people believe the onerous yankee lie.
Fixed now.The 14th Amendment was enacted due to coercion and FORCED slavery in the uS on just about everyone who wasn't white. Rather than being a citizen of the sovereign state in which you resided, you were always a subject of the slavemaster. Privileged to the same despotism as everyone else not white - unless you were a Native American, in which case you were driven in forced marches to death while your land, your wealth and your property were divvied up as spoils.
And it continues to this very day. Disgusting.
Disgusting and disturbing how many people believe the onerous redneck, Confederate-worshiping revisionism.
Might I suggest your read up on the carpetbaggers and what happened to the South during Reconstruction a bit? The North was not pure as the driven snow. In fact, Reconstruction was very much a way for the South to pay for the North's losses and as retribution. Lincoln was against such actions. He saw that punishing the South further would just bread resentment. The South suffered some great atrocities after the war at the hands of the carpetbaggers and freed blacks who were manipulated by the carpetbaggers. I.e. a lot of the freed blacks had sufficient votes to get the carpetbaggers and other freed blacks voted into State office, but they couldn't even read the bills being past. I know this because I've read up beyond what is in most US history textbooks which are written to be PC.
I would also suggest you read up on Lincoln and his views on slavery. He didn't free the slaves because it was the right thing to do, he did it for one reason only, to save the union. A bunch of enslaved blacks meant virtually nothing to him as far as the Civil War was concerned unless they were part of his save the union strategy...he said as much several times.
Heck, I'm a Yankee by birth and even I know that we did some awful things to the South post-war. However, it isn't PC to say so and the victors have written the history books.



"Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
