Moving to Richmond

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Moving to Richmond

Post by luisyamaha »

I'm new here and presently residing in Puerto Rico. Within the next two weeks I'll be moving to Richmond Virginia. On the western side of Richmond proper.
Doing on-line research I found Black Creek Shooting range (also identified as "gun club".) This range is on the Eastern side of Richmond. The phones I've found for it either don't answer, or are busy. Does anybody have any more info on them? Any experiences there? Good or bad? I estimate it will be a one hour drive from where I will be living (Bon Air) off Huguenot road.

Any other range with 100 yard ranges for rifle? Any idea of the cost. Can one get a yearly membership? Or is it to just pay whenever you go?

Any info on the customs and mores in the Richmond area are welcome! I'll be there soon.

Regards,
Luisyamaha
TallEd
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: Moving to Richmond

Post by TallEd »

I think you have to be a member. I know one person that goes there and there have been several threads on here in the past.... try this https://vagunforum.net/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 047#p14047

I had a range at my house in Powhatan but I have since moved. =[
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson
dusterdude
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Post by dusterdude »

Welcome to the area

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Post by wittmeba »

This is a bit late but there are 100 yard lanes at Safeside range in Roanoke. We are about 4hours from Richmond but an easy drive.
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A
Jon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Post by Jon »

Cavalier range in Oilville is just a few minutes north of Richmond. They have rifle out to (I believe) 600yds, trap/skeet, and hold monthly IDPA/USPSA/3 Gun/Steel Challenge matches.

I regularly shoot the IDPA match. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://cavrpc.org/
Afrikaner82
On Target
On Target

Post by Afrikaner82 »

Black Creek Gun Club has yearly fees. I believe they are going to 200 a year but will know in December. Currently they will tell you to wait till January to join since you will have to full fee.

If you go with someone, then it is 5dollars as a guest. They have a 15 to 20 or so Pistol only range, a 25yard range with shotguns on the left only, a 50 yard and a 100 yard range. They have a steel target range which is used for Cowboy action and such. They also have a trap range which has a $5 fee to use.

I feel that they are currently the best bang for your buck. Unless you have your own land.
For God, Country and Corps.
Semper Fi.

In life we face many challenges but face them we must, stand up and face what is coming.
luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Post by luisyamaha »

Africaner, thanks for the info. +/- $200.00 for Blackcreek seems doable for me. I'll have to plan a trip up there to check it out.

I'll also be checking out Cavalier gun club, although that seems to be lot more money.

Both seem to be about the same distance/time from me, but in different directions.

I'll have to check them both out in person.

I'm spoiled. In Puerto Rico my gun club fee was $70.00/year in one facility, and I had bought a lifetime membership in another ($500.00) many, many years ago. Reality here is different. It is what it is!

At least now I have some idea what' is is going to be $$$!

Luisyamaha
luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Post by luisyamaha »

Jon, thanks for the head's up on Cavalier. I'll be going there in person in the near future. It may be a little rich for me, but I'll check it out anyhow.

Luisyamaha

Return to “General Discussion”