NOVA IWLA experience

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
ainokea
Marksman
Marksman

NOVA IWLA experience

Post by ainokea »

I am taking a look at the Alexandria(Stafford) and Arlington(Chantilly) IWLAs. Both have some pros/cons given what and how I like to shoot and I'm not terribly thrilled by Arlington's fixed 25 yard pistol range, but whichever way I go I'll be happy to have an outdoor rifle range option that isn't a couple hours away.

Is anybody here familiar with either or have any experiences to share about either of the clubs and their ranges?

I guess I'll be blunt and ask the gnawing question outright: are either of them super Fudd-y?
CalebDor
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: NOVA IWLA experience

Post by CalebDor »

I'm a member at the IWLA in Stafford and I can assure you that if there are any "Fudds" I have yet to come across any. The majority of the membership are retired military/FBI/DEA from what I've observed. The rifle range is a 100 meter affair with covered lanes in case you want to come shoot in the rain.

Have a good one and I hope that helps.
Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Post by Monkey »

Not a member, but I share CalebDor's experience, having visited a few times. The covered firing points on the 100M range are great - perfect for inclement weather.
ainokea
Marksman
Marksman

Post by ainokea »

I've been asking around and heard good things about both. Thanks for the input!

Return to “General Discussion”