Shipping guns to Virginia FFL

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer
luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Shipping guns to Virginia FFL

Post by luisyamaha »

Hello, new to the boards. Planning on moving to Richmond VA sometime this year. Thought I'd ship some of my firearms to an FFl in Virginia.
Will I have any issues getting them from the FFL? Limit to how many guns per trip? I mean, they are my guns already, I'm not buying them now. Will this raise any red flags? All these guns are presently registered with the Puerto Rico PD, as it is the law here. My local FFL will un-register (?) them from the PRPD when he ships them out.

I have no problem with NICS, as I had to pass that plus some more local scrutiny when I got each and every one.

I'll probably try to take some with me on the plane as baggage. Will I have any issues once I land in Richmond?
Altogether, plane and registered mail to FFL, it will be around 8 handguns and 20 or so rifles.

Just trying to get a handle on things before I start checking out FFL's in the Richmond area.

Thank-you for any info.

Luisyamaha
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shipping guns to Virginia FFL

Post by allingeneral »

Sounds to me like you have a good plan. Now to find am FFL. I guess since these aren't true transfers, you wouldn't have to fill out paperwork at this end?
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Post by luisyamaha »

I'll be going stateside in the next couple of weeks. Can anybody recommend an FFL near Richmond (zip 23235)? I'd like to visit and discuss in person to ship firearms from Puerto Rico to Richmond.

Luisyamaha
gobblerk5
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Post by gobblerk5 »

You might check with Green Top...or they may be able to direct you to another FFL
https://www.greentophuntfish.com/firear ... se-policy/

I would think my FFL would work with you, but he's 1-1.5hr from Richmond...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

luisyamaha
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Post by luisyamaha »

Went to New American Arms, in Richmond. They were very helpful and understanding of my needs. I'll probably be using them for my transfers when the time comes. Only 15 minutes away from where I'll be moving to.

Thanks gobblerk. I'll keep Green Top in mind also.

Luisyamaha

Return to “Question and Answer”