Search found 9 matches

by wpshooter
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:10:03
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: Auctioneers selling firearms

P.S. - I have zero problems with the auction company that is doing this because I certainly do not think that they are in favor of having these background checks performed anymore than I am. Like I have said they are being forced to do this by outside parties. Read more: http://vagunforum.net/gener...
by wpshooter
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:13:17
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: firearms sold by auctioneers

No, not at all. I am just giving the posters information which perhaps they were not aware of. Some of them are giving general answers which do not apply to this particular situation. If they need more details as to the situation, I would be glad to supply to them before they give general pat answe...
by wpshooter
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:20:13
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: firearms sold by auctioneers

wpshooter... you appear antagonistic. Are you looking to stir the pot and get people worked up? It seems like you are less interested in hearing legit explanations for what has/is taken place and more interested in putting these people on blast while trying to get people to boycott the business. Do...
by wpshooter
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:10:09
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: firearms sold by auctioneers

MarcSpaz wrote:Why did you start another thread about the same thing? Very strange behavior.

*EDIT - the two threads have been merged. [MGMT]
The original thread was LOCKED, I have no idea why, perhaps you could look into.

Thanks.
by wpshooter
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:46:34
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

firearms sold by auctioneers

Sorry my friend, but you are mistaken... looks like they are obligated by federal law. For auctions to sell firearms... any firearms... they must be a licensed FFL and all federal and state laws apply. No I think you are wrong because these firearms sales are covered by the ATF section you quoted w...
by wpshooter
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:54:59
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: question on making boycott suggestion

If a dealer is selling the guns then the "registration" they mention would be the usual ATF/VA background check paperwork. Since no actual registration exists in Virginia, nothing else could be possible. I don't think they have created their own forms for any other purpose than what's req...
by wpshooter
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:58:48
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: question on making boycott suggestion

Maybe they have an FFL on site this time because they are auctioning items from a trust or business such as SBR's, automatic weapons or suppressors, which require registration by law. Did you give them a buzz to get details? Yes, I did. No nothing has changed from the previous auctions. When I aske...
by wpshooter
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:36:50
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Re: question on making boycott suggestion

Post the details and a link if possible. I'd like to read it. Below is the ad header as it appears in the email that I received from them yesterday. Please note the use of the word "REGISTRATION" in the line regarding FFL dealer being onsite. At all of these auctions that have previously ...
by wpshooter
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:11:13
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Auctioneers selling firearms
Replies: 24
Views: 5187

Auctioneers selling firearms

A company which is going to be holding a public firearms auction in Bedford, Virginia is doing something which I believe amounts to an erosion of Virginian's second amendment rights. My question is, would it be a violation of this forums rules for me to post the particulars of this situation and als...

Go to advanced search