Yet another anti-gun coalition

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Yet another anti-gun coalition

Postby AlanM » Tue, 09 Dec 2014 03:09:06

Hmmmm, 200 in 50 states equals 4 per state on average. I'm impressed. NOT!
Hey! I've got a novel idea! Why not prosecute people with the laws already on the books?
How about arresting felons that lie on and sign 4473 forms?

LINK: State lawmakers launch gun control coalition

(Reuters) - State lawmakers have launched a nationwide non-partisan coalition to combat gun violence, in part because the Congress has failed to reform gun laws, members of the group said on Monday.

Some 200 lawmakers from 50 states have joined the alliance, American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention, said the group's founder, Democratic New York State Assembly member Brian Kavanagh.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Yet another anti-gun coalition

Postby skeeterss0 » Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:39:28

wait...they have 199 democrats and 1 republican and call the coalition non-partisan. Sounds to me like its a bunch of dems trying to push a bunch of BS and they talked one republican into their scheme.
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:45:36

I guess someone forgot to tell these legislatures that we are about to have a Convention of States so we can take power away from the Federal Government because they already over-step their authority on the regular basis.

I am assuming that they also missed the memo that more Americans then ever before now own firearms at an estimated 65%-70%, ownership and purchase rates have increased by almost 35% nationally compared to just 2 years ago, CHP's holders are just shy of being talked about in 10's of millions, and there are enough legally owned firearms in America to arm every single citizen in the country... man, women, and child.

I don't want to sound cocky because things can go south fast... but they have their work cut out for them. I'll leave it at that.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby smltooner » Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:33:30

MarcSpaz wrote:I guess someone forgot to tell these legislatures that we are about to have a Convention of States so we can take power away from the Federal Government because they already over-step their authority on the regular basis.

I sure hope we can pass the Convention of States.
We need to give the power back to the states and away from the Feds.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)