Sandy Hook Shooter - Random Thoughts

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Sandy Hook Shooter - Random Thoughts

Postby OleMan » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:43:36

This will sound like ramblings and has probably all been said before, but I think it bears repeating.

I was fighting a bad illness whan the Sandy Hook school shooting happened and have been slowly recovering since, so I didn't initially know much about the shooting and have had only bits and pieces of the story since. This story and other reading has brought out several points to me.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael ... hip-his-pc

He may have been much sicker than was described immediately after the shooting.
Did he have some very sick ideas about children and was that part of the reason he targeted them?

How did his mother, reportedly a trained teacher, let him get so much in control that he could dictate to her that she could not have a Christmas tree?

If he was seeing a counselor, how did the counselor not report to authorities that he could be a risk with firearms.

How did the mother and authorities in the gun control nirvana of Conn. allow a sick young man to own firearms? Why would the mother purchase firearms for him if she did in fact, as I have read elsewhere?

Why have governments, schools, counselors, parents, etc., not realized that movies and other media about violent deviants and school shootings feed the imagination of other deviants who carry out similar acts? They could at least recognize some of the signs of a possible mass killer.

Why can't federal, state and local authorities realize that dozens, hundreds or thousands of children, even teens and college students need to have security who can protect them with deadly force; and/or if old enough and trained be able to defend themselves and others with deadly force (i.e., teachers, administrators). Time after time, as in the Virginia Tech shooting, not permitting instutional employees and private citizens to be armed has increased the carnage. Even though very late on the scene, the base police were finally able to put down the shooter at Ft. Hood, else he would have killed even more people.

I would think that communities would insist that they either have such protection or else have armed LEOs in every school.

I have the right (and responsibility) to defend myself and my family in my home, and the occupants and visitors from deadly assault. So in a public setting, it seems to me that a similar principle exists.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling.
I Love This Country! It's The Government That Scares The Hell Outta Me!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
OleMan
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Oleman

My Arsenal:
Somewhat modest, but highly effective

Next Firearm:
What I decide when I decide

Re: Sandy Hook Shooter - Random Thoughts

Postby SHMIV » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:08:17

That CNS report indicated that Adam Lanza was not taking any prescriptions. I thought that he was on some sort of antidepressant or some other mood altering prescription?

At any rate, the boy was obviously not right. Clearly, he was an evil being. He was too calculating to simply be crazy.

I have to wonder, though, in light of the pro-pedo stuff, what other heinous acts he committed before Sandy Hook.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Re: Sandy Hook Shooter - Random Thoughts

Postby OleMan » Sun, 02 Feb 2014 00:24:25

SHMIV wrote:That CNS report indicated that Adam Lanza was not taking any prescriptions. I thought that he was on some sort of antidepressant or some other mood altering prescription?

At any rate, the boy was obviously not right. Clearly, he was an evil being. He was too calculating to simply be crazy.

I have to wonder, though, in light of the pro-pedo stuff, what other heinous acts he committed before Sandy Hook.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

My knowledge about him and the shooting is very spotty but if he had some mental or behavorial conditions it seems likely he would have had some kind of medications at some time. I also wondered if an apparent interest in pedophilia might indicate some prior abusive acts.

Where such evil comes from or how it develops - I don't think I will ever know or understand.
I Love This Country! It's The Government That Scares The Hell Outta Me!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
OleMan
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Oleman

My Arsenal:
Somewhat modest, but highly effective

Next Firearm:
What I decide when I decide

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)