2A Sanctuary in Virginia

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

2A Sanctuary in Virginia

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 11 Nov 2019 20:01:02

The recent election cycle has resulted in full control of the Virginia legislature by the Democrat political machine, which many may argue has leaned more and more in the direction of Communist rule rather than acting as a representative government of and for the People. We must enact 2A Sanctuary status in as many localities as possible throughout the Commonwealth in order to protect the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Action is required to protect lawful gun ownership and the freedom to exercise the right to bear arms from the Democrat Communist takeover of our system at the state level.

This Point Plan outlines the necessary steps to enact Sanctuary counties and sanctuary cities throughout the Commonwealth

1) Need to define common, standardized language that any citizen can take to their town council or county board of supervisors to request that their locality be declared a 2A Sanctuary.

2) Meet with the local sheriff to determine whether or not he or she supports the idea. It will be much easier to push through to a vote and a positive outcome if we can get the sheriff onboard.

3) Need to review existing 2A sanctuary ordinances in Florida, Illinois and other states, and develop a template that anyone can fill out and submit in their locality. We must work together constructively on a uniform message to our sheriffs and city councils.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: 2A Sanctuary in Virginia

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 11 Nov 2019 21:29:29

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:22:38

I am interested in talking to the PWC Sheriff. My only concern is if there will be verbal support that turns out to be a lie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:06:43

I reached out to some folks in Illinois who have pushed for 2A Sanctuary status in 2018, and they provided quite a bit of good info.

Here's how the sanctuary county progression occurred in Illinois.

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:10:24

Here's an open letter to Law Enforcement. The person who drafted this letter suggested the following:
Look for law enforcement exemptions/carve outs in pending VA legislation. Put an end to those and I'm confident you can stop some of the bills.
Attachments
OpenLetter.docx
(14.67 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:13:58

Here's the actual resolution that was passed in White County, Illinois. Page two of this attachment is a referendum for the ballot in November 2018 to get voter consensus on the issue. Much of this is largely symbolic, but if a a resolution is passed by the board of supervisors, and a referendum is passed by the ballot, then it will make our representatives think twice about the constituents that they represent!
Attachments
2019_07_22_11_00_10.pdf
(225.09 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:17:45

Further guidance from previously successful individual in Illinois:

The sanctuary resolutions are a fine start and can be implemented quickly. I'll send a link to the Gun Rights Watch animation that shows just how fast: zero to 67 counties (2/3 of the state) in just 16 *months*. Virginia and Texas are poised to be just as rapid. If ballot initiatives are a possibility in VA, consider those as well because they give a VERY sharp message to political office holders (99% who want to be re-elected) of the precise level of voter outrage.

My push has been primarily via prosecutorial nullification through our state's attorneys. 1/3 of ours in Illinois have either publicly or privately pledged to ignore duly enacted - but unjust - infringements on private firearms ownership. They were surprisingly candid and approachable for the most part, and a few have pushed out even further.

Be cautious with your correspondence with public officials. Bloomberg's minions in Everytown/ Mom's Demand Action are sending out routine FOIAs to determine strategy and I.D. pro gun activists.

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 22:43:41

I urge all members of the VCDL to contact their County Boards of Supervisors & let them know you want them to follow the lead of Carroll County, VA and declare their counties as Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties.

Just do an internet search for your counties board & get their email addresses.

Feel free to use the template shown here:

Gentlemen-

As a resident of the great County of [Your County], VA, I urge you to take the requisite steps to make our county a “Second Amendment Sanctuary County” as has been done in Carroll County, VA & in counties & states around the nation.

Second Amendment Sanctuary refers to resolutions adopted by many jurisdictions in the United States to not expend resources to enforce certain gun control measures that are violative of the Second Amendment.

[Your County] would be joining over 200 individual Counties, Municipalities & States in taking a stand against left-wing anti-gun advocates who are funded by special interests intent on dismantling the Second Amendment. With Democrats now controlling the General Assembly & Governor’s office, it’s important we send a message to Richmond that law-abiding citizens will not stand idly by & have our Constitutional rights taken away.

I also urge you to contact your peers in neighboring counties to do likewise.

Respectfully,

allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 23:48:28

Wow! That is a lot of great information. Thank you for getting this together.

I am going to have to do a deep dive and see what I can do to help around NOVA. The Dems want to get rid of State Preemption, and this will most definitely be the result (based on the 11/19 election map).

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:17:23

Fortunately, I'm related (by marriage) to one of my County Supervisors. He's married to my Mother-In-Laws little sister. All I know about him, though, is that he's a Republican, and that he was once a Never Trumper.

Perhaps I'll have a chance to speak to him around Thanksgiving, and I'll see where he stands.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 15 Nov 2019 09:58:52

My buddy informs me that this idea is gaining some traction, in a couple of the southern counties of our beloved Commonwealth. I was pleased to hear that.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby cwrat » Wed, 20 Nov 2019 16:58:31

This is a great thing to try and get a jump on new laws

I live in Shenandoah Co. Va.and am going to the board meeting Nov.26th to give my voice ( I hope )
there are other county's that have already passed the " Sanctuary Co. " 5 or 6 now and Fredrick Co. Va. in Dec.

cwrat
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:58:56

I missed this months meeting of the Supervisors, and I know that I'll be missing the meeting next month, too. The best that I can do, is write some emails.

I figure a letter to all 5 Supervisors, my Delegate, and my Senator, is in order. Then pray. Hard.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby skeeterss00 » Thu, 21 Nov 2019 12:50:59

Making the news in Hampton roads but I doubt it will ever happen here:

https://www.wavy.com/news/virginia/seco ... -counties/

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss00
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
lost in a boating accident

Postby acesToGoSilver » Fri, 13 Dec 2019 05:01:03

I read this post a while back. I think it's pretty valid and I thought I'd repost it here. I think its important to understand where we are now.

"To all these people who are counting on this sanctuary city nonsense, be careful.. When the state or fed pulls their funding, just like a few of the illegal alien sanctuary cities, the people might find themselves locked up as their county decided to comply with the law.

On top of that, the first time there is an active shooter in any of these places, they will come and come hard in all of these places with this as the excuse.. i have no doubt it will be national guard and police/swat going house to house.

It's happened in Boston, it's what the militarization of the police, the creation of entities like DHS, and the arming of the administrative state such as the IRS has been built and training for. For everyone who says it can't happen or that ' the police are on our side', the Nuremburg tribunals were filled with plenty of "good officers in a bad spot" who were just carrying out their orders. "Sorry bub, but you've gotta go to the bath house, i know you don't want to but my career's on the line here..."

Virginia, it's the testing ground. And no doubt the first state of the many.

They need to change the motto from sic semper tyrranus to something like, "we elect you to save us, we will obey".

At this point, i think only a convention of states can save the republic. If enough people move from these states, there can be places that could successfully secede, but at this stage, you might be better off becoming an expat."

I tend to agree. I mean in Texas they took a child away from his father because the mother wanted to son to be a transgender. The mother is even a doctor. Nobody resigned. Nobody was fired. The mother is still working the father just went to court for to "fight"...

Tranny story hour is a thing not on the coasts, even in the Midwest. Nobody says anything. Virginia is blue, solidly blue. Worse than that though is that we are increasingly living in a country that doesn't hold the values originally set forth in the DOI which is why we fall further away from the constitution.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
acesToGoSilver
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby kelu » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 13:41:37

I disagree. A convention of states will rip out the constitution and 2A will be the first to go.
Who you think will go to the convention? Conservatives? Only in few cases. Most will be progressives or RINOs. Founding Fathers with their morality and wisdom are long gone.
Careful what you wish for.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby WRW » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:10:39

Upon seeing the 2A sanctuary movement in full swing, I am not sure that the Second Amendment would not be jeopardized by a convention of States (Article V Convention?)

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby WRW » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:44:01

Crud! Can't edit. Should have read,"...I am not sure that the Second Amendment WOULD be jeopardized...

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby kelu » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 15:01:31

Movement? Yes. Who represents the state is a totally different story. How many 2A supporters have VA in US congress? or in the VA congress?
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 21:49:52

I, also, find myself suspicious of a Convention of States. Kelu brings up a good point, in regard to our Founding Fathers,and their intent and wisdom.

Also, our States no longer function as States, as intended. We function more as provinces (Thanks to Abe Lincoln, for destroying the State). Until the majority regains understanding of how the Federal and State governments are supposed to function, the likelyhood of a Convention of States backfiring is great.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Next

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)