Civil Unrest likely?

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Civil Unrest likely?

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 22:24:28

Anyone catch Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly tonight? Bill asked the question of civil unrest due to the falling middle class and rising poverty. Lou Dobbs said that it's near certain.

WOW... First time I've heard it on the factor instead of reading it on a gun forum...
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Re: Civil Unrest likely?

Postby JustinCase » Sat, 09 Nov 2013 00:10:09

Wait till Bamacare starts digging REAL deep into poor working people's pocket, it will get worse... and you wont even have a choice...

JC

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
JustinCase
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Justin

My Arsenal:
.22LR and .177 Crossman :-)

Postby Remek » Sat, 09 Nov 2013 03:25:51

Needs to fall faster. At the slow pace so far, its not enough to piss anyone off.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Postby FiremanBob » Sat, 09 Nov 2013 07:34:44

I'd rather see the good, but silent Americans (still the majority overall) get active in elections and lobbying efforts to peaceably drive the "Progressive" fascists from power forever. It is still possible.
Author of The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member  
FiremanBob
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Bob

Postby Kreutz » Sat, 09 Nov 2013 08:48:09

Remek wrote:Needs to fall faster. At the slow pace so far, its not enough to piss anyone off.

Patience young Jedi, patience.

It's already falling, it will pick up speed as it approaches terminal velocity.

It will be interesting to see what happens when it finally makes contact with the ground.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:43:50

The funny thing?

No names because they requested, but a co-workers church friend was put into a mental institution because the doctor asked per the ACA (OBAMACARE) "Do you own any firearms?" and they replied "None of your damned business."

Within two days? Arrest by Louisa Deputies, and put in a 72 hour hold, and because they refused to co-operate... 30 day extension...

You want unrest? You should see what kinda unrest is coming....

Mao Tse Tung once said "Better to blend into the background, than stand in front, and be target."

We fuss on this website TOO much. We're already on lists... but ... we're Americans, some are blessed as Southerners... and we don't cotton to a guv'mint that tells us what to do.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby Excelsior » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:42:12

So Rev, someone was detained for refusing to answer questions regarding firearms?

When your time comes to die, be not like those
whose hearts are filled with fear of death...
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.
Chief Tecumseh

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Excelsior
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Evan

My Arsenal:
Not Enough

Postby GeneFrenkle » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:44:58

When and in what part of the county did this happen? How is it known the two events were related rather than just odd coincidence? (Didn't think a medical "interview" held the weight of law or required compulsory answers - do we need our lawyer on speed dial when we get a checkup?)
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby mamabearCali » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:04:40

Whoa.....ok...now that is bad. This needs to be investigated now. How does a medical interview cause this. If a MD has this sort of power we got more problems than I thought.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:21:35

So I guess the thing is, when you're asked that question by your doc, either
(1) LIE; Hell-fahr, you do that when he asks about other stuff you don't want to tell him, or
(2) Smile sweetly, adopt the voice of HAL 9000 and say "I'm not here to talk about guns, I'm here for a checkup. What do you want to know about my health?
Unless this guy was so hateful when he told them it was none of their damned business (which it certainly WASN'T) that they made him out to be violent or irrational, I can't see how the guy wound up detained. Someone (usually a doctor or family member) must have sworn out an affidavit that the guy was dangerous to himself or others. I think the proper term is a Temporary Detention Order. Then they get taken to an evaluation Center (the nearest to here is/was in Lebanon, which is 40 miles) for evaluation. Even then, I've seen this done for people who were Oxycodone addicts, and they got back to town before the deputies that took them the evaluation center did. That’s because the addicts quickly learn the right answers to the evaluator’s questions and game the system. I’d say if you continued to be pissed off, uncooperative and confrontational, the evaluator would tend to punish you for not helping her sing cum-bye-yah around the campfire.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby skeeterss0 » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:29:37

I would love to hear more about this case and also love to see it go mainstream in the media.
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby mamabearCali » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:40:29

I like option 1.

It is none of their beeswax, but MD's seem to think everything is their beeswax. You did not take an oath of honesty so I have no moral problem with telling them what they need to hear. I do that with my tetanus vaccination everytime, anyway as they threw a fit everytime I told them that my family has nasty reactions (ranging from moderate swelling to seizures), so now I just say I believe I am up to date. What a sad state of affairs we are at.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby GeneFrenkle » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:11:09

>> Unless this guy was so hateful when he told them it was none of their damned business (which it certainly WASN'T) that they made him out to be violent or irrational, I can't see how the guy wound up detained. Someone (usually a doctor or family member) must have sworn out an affidavit that the guy was dangerous to himself or others.

Dorm... since when is being a jerk, rude, or otherwise verbally hostile to someone grounds for involuntary incarceration? If this were the case, wouldn't the statists be locked up for comments like "execute all nra members", etc. which is, imo, an actual incitement to threaten people's well being?
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:38:41

GeneFrenkle wrote:>> Unless this guy was so hateful when he told them it was none of their damned business (which it certainly WASN'T) that they made him out to be violent or irrational, I can't see how the guy wound up detained. Someone (usually a doctor or family member) must have sworn out an affidavit that the guy was dangerous to himself or others.

Dorm... since when is being a jerk, rude, or otherwise verbally hostile to someone grounds for involuntary incarceration? If this were the case, wouldn't the statists be locked up for comments like "execute all nra members", etc. which is, imo, an actual incitement to threaten people's well being?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wasn't trying to justify what happened (if indeed it did happen). I agree with YOU, OK?

By way of offering a possible explanation as to how such a thing could happen, I was remarking that there is a procedure (the TDO) by which someone (usually a doctor or family member) can sign an affidavit that a person is exhibiting behavior that reasonably leads one to believe they are a danger to themselves or others. If the Magistrate (it may require a judge, - I don't remember) is persuaded of the efficacy of the concern, a TDO issues and the subject of the order gets hauled off for an evaluation; after which they are either released or committed for treatment. I was speculating that perhaps the guy was so mean and nasty someone decided he was dangerously violent (or decided to teach him a lesson by having him evaluated for same). There is, after all, a VERY thin line between anti-gun hysteria and malice.

Now, to put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, what about the Colorado theater shooter or the Navy Yard shooter? If such an order had issued against them, might the tragedies have been avoided? Don't know/maybe/probably not? But at any rate, that's the thinking. The TDO I suspect is most used in cases of substance abuse where an abuser seems near to finally fatally overdosing.

And of course any procedure can be (and inevitably will be) abused. That's one reason why we all distrust government. It runs on procedure; sometimes to the exclusion of facts, logic and common sense.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:

Postby GeneFrenkle » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:35:47

Lol I was being rhetorical and trying to point out the very slippery (and as you pointed out abusable) slope. I'm just having a tough time reconciling a Louisa Judge signing the order based upon an accusation of "the dude was a meanie and told me to mind my business" and having the involuntary commital extended because the dude was upset at being held to begin with (whew! my hs english teacher would have swatted my knuckes seeing that sentence!) Living in Orange, it just strikes me as, well, wierd and unexpected.

GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby vaeevictiss » Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:21:08

Damn, Rev never came back. must have gotten picked up by a black van for talking about it lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
vaeevictiss
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Sean

Postby Remek » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:56:12

The problem is that the current administration does want doctors to be able to collect this information. As we know its not a medical issue until someone gets shot. However, they've been trying to force this nonsensical logic for a long time now.

Personally, I lie my ass off. F-them. They don't know need to know about by red ryder BB gun!
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:38:40

GeneFrenkle wrote:Lol I was being rhetorical and trying to point out the very slippery (and as you pointed out abusable) slope. I'm just having a tough time reconciling a Louisa Judge signing the order based upon an accusation of "the dude was a meanie and told me to mind my business" and having the involuntary commital extended because the dude was upset at being held to begin with (whew! my hs english teacher would have swatted my knuckes seeing that sentence!) Living in Orange, it just strikes me as, well, wierd and unexpected.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, unless the dude really did exhibit dangerous tendencies, he ought to be seriously considering suing the doctor, IMO.

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:41:21

Remek wrote:The problem is that the current administration does want doctors to be able to collect this information. As we know its not a medical issue until someone gets shot. However, they've been trying to force this nonsensical logic for a long time now.

Personally, I lie my ass off. F-them. They don't know need to know about by red ryder BB gun!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Next question: How long is it going to take for the feds to take the position that you knew this information was going into the ACA's computerized medical database and so you willfully falsified federal records?

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby WRW » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:14:45

dorminWS wrote:
Remek wrote:The problem is that the current administration does want doctors to be able to collect this information. As we know its not a medical issue until someone gets shot. However, they've been trying to force this nonsensical logic for a long time now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Next question: How long is it going to take for the feds to take the position that you knew this information was going into the ACA's computerized medical database and so you willfully falsified federal records?

If you've thought it, they have thought of it.

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Next

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)