Ban Legislation Announced Less Than 24 Hours After Election

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

Ban Legislation Announced Less Than 24 Hours After Election

Postby MarcSpaz » Wed, 06 Nov 2019 16:59:49

This is why we need an electoral college, not a plurality vote. We are screwed.

Dems announced legislation banning "assault weapons", "silencers" and "high capacity magazines" less than 24 hours after the election. Dems have the House of Delegates, the Senate and the Governorship. We don't have any opposition power anywhere.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/politics ... CELLTP22FI

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Ban Legislation Announced Less Than 24 Hours After Election

Postby dusterdude » Wed, 06 Nov 2019 19:42:02

Yep,we are screwed

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps  
dusterdude
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
bersa 380,taurus pt145 and m1 garand

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 07 Nov 2019 01:03:30

Saw that one coming.

It may be about time for me to come off the road, join Toastmasters, and get over my fear of public speaking.

Somebody has got to step up...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby cwrat » Sat, 09 Nov 2019 10:46:27

We will be seeing the same steps that California did and doing

And the Gov. will be phrased

cwrat
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 09 Nov 2019 13:24:51

Two Dem governors in a row and now all Blue government. If the next election reflects the same course, Virginia is lost.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:43:25

Yeah, but we aren't blue by much. The shift was slight, and just enough to move control over to the left.

Time to write some letters to Delegates and Senators, and demand that they go on the offensive. Hopefully, there are some Dems that live in questionable areas, that want to keep their jobs, and may be persuaded that it would be in their best interests, long term, to vote against the party line.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby WRW » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:05:06

SHMIV wrote:Yeah, but we aren't blue by much. The shift was slight, and just enough to move control over to the left.

Time to write some letters to Delegates and Senators, and demand that they go on the offensive. Hopefully, there are some Dems that live in questionable areas, that want to keep their jobs, and may be persuaded that it would be in their best interests, long term, to vote against the party line.

This...and the courts may have something to say about firearms legislation. VCDL is working both lanes of that road.

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 12:57:58

I haven't seen any court ever overturn a state or federal weapons ban. Whenever a state or feds have banned a specific weapon or weapon characteristics, it has stood, regardless of suits.

I hope someone can correct me, but I think the precedent to support legislation has been set.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby zykur » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:19:55

MarcSpaz wrote:I haven't seen any court ever overturn a state or federal weapons ban. Whenever a state or feds have banned a specific weapon or weapon characteristics, it has stood, regardless of suits.

I hope someone can correct me, but I think the precedent to support legislation has been set.

McDonald and Heller overturned bans to a certain extent.
The biggest problem is the lower courts and states openly defying the Supreme Court and SCOTUS not doing a thing to reign them in.

If they don't take one of these ban cases and rule 9-0 they will become irrelevant and all future decisions will be suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

zykur
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Tom

My Arsenal:
Ironically lost all of them in a freak smelting accident

Postby AlanM » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:48:37

When you write or talk to any of the Virginia legislators remind them of their oath of office and the following:

Second Amendment to the US Constitution

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And

Constitution of Virginia

Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 19:08:26

AlanM wrote:When you write or talk to any of the Virginia legislators remind them of their oath of office and the following:

Second Amendment to the US Constitution

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And

Constitution of Virginia

Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:17:25

On the issue of banning assault weapons, Kelly asked Northam what he will do about the ones Virginians already possess. "Will you confiscate them?" Kelly asks.

"No ma'am, not at this stage," Northam said, "We're looking at banning the sales of assault weapons ... that would be what we would start with."

I see sales thru the roof in the next 6 months. And I think they will come after the ammo too.
Probably it would be a good idea to get 1-2 lowers for later use? I saw some cheap ones at Cabelas. https://www.cabelas.com/product/shootin ... s?slotId=6
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 11 Nov 2019 00:02:15

I don't have much faith in the court system, these days. I just hope that we have enough center-left, 2A supporting constituents to keep a couple of Senators and Delegates in check. I know that such people DO exist... just don't know how many...

On a side note, I wonder what property taxes in rural Kentucky are looking like, these days.

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 11 Nov 2019 18:14:09

argh. :thumbsdown:
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby AlanM » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 13:20:01

Let me a little more specific with regard to government officials, members of the VA Senate and General Assembly.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/constitution/article2/section7/

Constitution of Virginia

Article II. Franchise and Officers
Section 7. Oath or affirmation

All officers elected or appointed under or pursuant to this Constitution shall, before they enter on the performance of their public duties, severally take and subscribe the following oath or affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as ...................., according to the best of my ability (so help me God)."
\

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title15.2/chapter15/section15.2-1512/

Code of Virginia

§ 15.2-1512. Oath and bond.
Before entering upon the duties of his office, the person appointed or employed by the governing body, or its delegated representative, (i) shall take the oath of office if required by general law, special act or the governing body, (ii) shall give a bond before the clerk of the circuit court serving such governing body, if required by general law, special act or the governing body, and (iii) shall furnish surety to be approved by such clerk in an amount to be fixed by the governing body, if required by general law, special act or the governing body. The premium for such bond shall be paid by the governing body out of its general fund. The form of oath of office is that prescribed by § 49-1.
1997, c. 587.

§ 49-1. Form of general oath required of officers.
Every person before entering upon the discharge of any function as an officer of this Commonwealth shall take and subscribe the following oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as ____________________ according to the best of my ability, (so help me God)."

Any person reappointed to any office filled by gubernatorial appointment for a subsequent term to begin immediately upon expiration of an existing term shall not be required to renew the oath set out in this section; however, the original oath taken shall continue in effect with respect to the subsequent term.

Const., § 34; Code 1919, § 269; 1936, p. 49; 1971, Ex. Sess., c. 16; 1980, c. 320; 1988, c. 255.

I assume that pretty much covers ALL elected officials in Virginia and ALL government appointees and employees.

Frankly I don't see any wiggle room to violate "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby SHMIV » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:04:07

Nope. No wiggle room. But, but that doesn't seem to mean much, anymore.

Sic Semper Tyrannis...

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby RKtullahomaTN » Fri, 20 Dec 2019 14:44:27

SHMIV wrote:Nope. No wiggle room. But, but that doesn't seem to mean much, anymore.

Sic Semper Tyrannis...

A regrettable truth. So many and so much predicated and dependent on obeying the rules. But this bunch in your capital are the ones MAKING the rules...

Might as well face it... time to raise the black flag, spit on your hands, and draw cutlasses.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
RKtullahomaTN
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby SHMIV » Sat, 21 Dec 2019 04:24:22

Well, we haven't exhausted all of the civilized options, just yet. For example, we still haven't tried "tarring and feathering".

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby WRW » Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:40:14

SHMIV wrote:Well, we haven't exhausted all of the civilized options, just yet. For example, we still haven't tried "tarring and feathering".

I wanted to emphasize that the tar used for that activity is pine tar, so I looked around and found this:

https://allthingsliberty.com/2013/12/5- ... eathering/

and there read the caption of the picture that described revolutionary war era "macaroni" so I looked up "macaroni" and found that,

"As you may have suspected, the macaroni in the song "Yankee Doodle" is not the familiar food. The feather in Yankee Doodle's cap apparently makes him a macaroni in the now rare "fop" or "dandy" sense. The sense appears to have originated with a club established in London by a group of young, well-traveled Englishmen in the 1760s. The founders prided themselves on their appearance, sense of style, and manners, and they chose the name Macaroni Club to indicate their worldliness. Because macaroni was, at the time, a new and rather exotic food in England, the name was meant to demonstrate how stylish the club's members were. The members were themselves called macaronis, and eventually macaroni became synonymous with dandy and fop."

from: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/macaroni

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby AlanM » Sun, 22 Dec 2019 10:03:01

AlanM

AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Next

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)