2nd amendment resolutions helped shelve AW ban

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.

2nd amendment resolutions helped shelve AW ban

Postby AlanM » Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:54:05

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/virginia-politics/local-2nd-amendment-resolutions-helped-shelve-virginia-governors-assault-weapons-ban-political-expert-says/

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — While they may have lacked legal muscle, a political scientist says the political muscle of the “2nd Amendment Sanctuary” movement in Virginia was seen as lawmakers shelved an assault weapons ban pushed by the governor.

Virginia’s Senate Judiciary Committee voted Monday to send HB961 to the crime commission for a study until the 2021 legislative session. The 10-5 vote to continue to the bill drew applause from gun rights supporters in attendance and a “bunch a wimps” remark from Sen. Louise Lucas, (D-Portsmouth).
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: 2nd amendment resolutions helped shelve AW ban

Postby WRW » Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:34:36

"Northam pushed the legislation, saying it would help prevent mass shootings like the one that occurred in Virginia Beach on May 31st, and has campaigned heavily for a broad package of gun control measures."

“Northam conceded that his proposals wouldn’t have necessarily prevented the Virginia Beach shooting” The Roanoke Times reports."
from: https://newvirginiapress.com/gov-northa ... -shooting/

Which is it you lying sack of refuse?

I've got a measure that would have made a difference at that shooting...allowing those that want to defend themselves to do so. At least one would have.

That's right. Eliminating gun-free zones in all but sterile locales would discourage such events and would cut short those that do occur...
The only reason for those zones is to disarm potential victims so that more gun-control laws that wouldn't make a difference can be enacted. That is the progress of the progressives.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby WRW » Wed, 19 Feb 2020 01:38:57

^^^^^^

...but I digress. Second Amendment Sanctuary and public demonstration sent a clear message to those willing to listen to be reasonable. Kudos and props to the movement.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby Oakes » Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:24:50

The biggest question is what happened to the laws that let each city/or county adopt their own laws? Did that get shelved??

Oakes
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)