I have such a Great Wife

If you're into blowing smoke, this is the forum for you!

I have such a Great Wife

Postby Taggure » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:43:08

The other day I was looking on line at the Black Powder Hawkins kits .50 cal as I had been wanting one for a while but just could not bring myself to just go ahead and get it. Thinking that I would just show it to my wife and say "oh look honey this sure would be fun to put together".

So, I see my wife walk into the kitchen and I call her over to show her the kit, and to my surprise she did not say the expected "Oh that is nice" and walk away, but instead asked me all about it and then asked if I would like it for my Christmas. At this point I was thinking about the fun I would have putting it all together and then shooting it, and I OF COURSE told her that I would love it for my Christmas.

Then she just told me to order it and it would be from her and the kids. I was a happy camper at that point. It is due to be delivered by this Friday but I have to wait till Christmas to get it.

Did I say I have the best wife around!

I am really Looking forward to Christmas morning this year.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Re: I have such a Great Wife

Postby Jim » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:13:38

There ya' go, Tag! :thumbsup: You're in the club, now! :clap:
Lord, please protect us today from having to use deadly force.

Jim
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

Postby Taggure » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:40:54

Well I know it is not a Plains Rifle like yours, but I have always wanted the Hawkins and keeping it .50 cal means I do not have to get a new mold for my round ball or maxi-ball.

I need to look at powder measures now as I only used the pellets with my in-line. I guess I could still use my speed loaders with the loose powder measured out on one side and the ball and patch in the other.

Vern
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby ProShooter » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:43:14

I had a great wife once.....and then her husband returned from his business trip! :hysterical:

Congrats on your new gift!

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO

"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
Lost it all in a tragic boating accident.

Return to Muzzleloaders and Black Powder