Cap and ball revolver legality

If you're into blowing smoke, this is the forum for you!

Cap and ball revolver legality

Postby TheEqualizer » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:50:46

Hi,

I will soon be the owner of a nice Uberti Walker revolver. Since there is no background check (I guess it is considered a "replica"??) is it legal to bring into DC? I wouldn't carry it. Just want to bring it in my backpack to show someone. Better safe than sorry. Does anyone know where to find the regs on this? is it considered to be a handgun?

Thanks!
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." - Richard Henry Lee

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
TheEqualizer
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Andy

Re: Cap and ball revolver legality

Postby meo » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:03:57

NO!!!! Have your buddy come to this side of the moat.
Ray

meo
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:17:04

meo wrote:NO!!!! Have your buddy come to this side of the moat.
Ray

Yeah, what he said.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby TheEqualizer » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:31:58

I'll take your advice since I wouldn't trust the cops to know the regs. Be that as it may, I read all the firearm regulations and it says what firearms can be registered in the District and what can't be. There is no mention of black powder revolvers anywhere that I could find. My guess is that it is OK but I wouldn't want to be the one to explain it to the cops. Hell, carrying openly in VA still invites trouble from the cops even though it is perfectly legal.
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." - Richard Henry Lee

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
TheEqualizer
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Andy

Return to Muzzleloaders and Black Powder