How to fight the latest push for gun control

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

How to fight the latest push for gun control

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 10:04:42

If you're not already a member of at least one of these organizations, now is the time to join. Give the POTUS and his gun-grabbing cronies the poke-in-the-eye they deserve.

NRA is currently offering their lifetime membership at half price ($500). If you can't do that, then join at the yearly rate. https://membership.nrahq.org/5797/default.aspx?src=b&ek=Y5KJ1RGB&gclid=CKa37oWZw8kCFQEIaQodr8gALA

Second Amendment Foundation: https://www.saf.org/join-saf-or-make-a-donation-3/

Virginia Citizens Defense League: http://vcdl.org/join

Virginia Shooting Sports Association: https://www.myvssa.org/join

So join today and piss off a lefty gun grabber or two! :clap:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Re: How to fight the latest push for gun control

Postby AlanM » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 14:29:35

I just upgraded from annual to life membership in the NRA last weekend.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby Monkey » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 16:25:35

Thanks for the note.

I upgraded as well.

I may not always agree with the way the NRA solicits products to its members, but it is exceptionally effective in the fight to preserve our right to bear arms.

VCDL is exceptionally effective as well.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: J

My Arsenal:
Redacted

Next Firearm:
Whatever stray follows me home...

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 16:40:19

I've said it before: Even if you think the NRA are a bunch of obscenely overpaid K-Street leeches, we still need them; because they are OUR obscenely overpaid K-Street leeches and they are damned good at what they do.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 17:11:22

I'm the same as Dorm, VCDL, NRA, GOA...

When it's you against me, I'll choose me...

When it's US against THEM? They better watch out...

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 19:08:36

The #JoinTheNRA hashtag is blowing up on Twitter. Word is that the NRA is preparing for a major membership push this weekend. We should do everything we can to spread the word far and wide.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/JoinTheNRA

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 19:33:10

Still on the fence about joining the NRA? Read "How the New York Times and Loretta Lynch made me join the NRA".

https://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/20 ... joined-nra

One of the best quotes I happened across today is...

"You can let others pull the wagon or you can jump in and help. Which kind of person are you?"

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 08 Dec 2015 09:04:19

"Two things happen whenever Democrats talk about gun control: more people buy guns, fewer elected Democrats have jobs."

-- Sean Davis

http://moelane.com/2015/12/04/tweet-of- ... h-edition/

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Snakester » Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:32:05

Carol and I are giving each other our '16 NRA Membership Friday for 33rd Anniversary.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Randy

My Arsenal:
I don't own any FireArms...Just here for "The Bonding"

Next Firearm:
No Plans to Purchase at this time!

Postby smltooner » Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:50:42

dorminWS wrote:I've said it before: Even if you think the NRA are a bunch of obscenely overpaid K-Street leeches, we still need them; because they are OUR obscenely overpaid K-Street leeches and they are damned good at what they do.

I absolutely agree, Dorm.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Postby Swampman » Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:32:05

Already a life member of NRA. Member of VCDL. Time to start looking at other organizations to join.

Next thing to do is get window stickers for these orgs on all my vehicles. That way I'll be sure to piss off at least one lib.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby Reverenddel » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:34:54

As I have said.... The NRA might not do EVERYTHING I want them to do?

But they make BIGAZZED targets! Letting the VCDL, and GOA do some outstanding work.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Remek » Sun, 20 Dec 2015 22:09:02

I've joined just about every organization that helps us.

I also give to Several of them regularly.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:29:19

Just a thought. I am a member of the NRA and I think my DH made us members of VCDL however all that does not stop a rogue AG and governor from acting illegally.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 13:18:53

mamabearCali wrote:Just a thought. I am a member of the NRA and I think my DH made us members of VCDL however all that does not stop a rogue AG and governor from acting illegally.

Our elected representatives in Richmond understand all too well what will happen to them if they are perceived as being a part of this egregious violation of our rights. The more noise generated by gun owners, the more they will realize that they will be out of a job when the next election cycle comes around.

Once their elected butts are on the chopping block, they will begin to put pressure on the governor's office.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 13:53:04

Oh I called and gave both of my reps a piece of my mind. They are appalled as well and are eager to beat the crap out of the AG and the Governor when March rolls around. But both good and bad they are both R's so I expect as much. But i figure the more irate and irritate calls they get the better.

I am still trying to decide if I should call the AG and excoriate him for attempting to act outside his authority. His job is to render opinion and advise the legislature. His job IS NOT TO MAKE LAW OR POLICY! I am so angry I can't even see straight so if I call I should probably write down what I want to say. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:23:38

I bet the AG's voice mail is already full. :mrgreen:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Remek » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:37:20

I hate carpet baggers

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 21:29:49

After talking with a few people who are much more politically savvy than me and how all this went down. I have this to offer....the state police commisoner was advised by the traitorous Herring and he went along with the AG's recommendation. There is likely nothing that we can do to our AG besides make him wear this around his neck for as long as he lives in VA and beyond if we can. The state police commisioner is another story. He was the commissoner since 2003 and was fine with the laws for 12 years. So something has changed. The State police commissioners is paid by the legislature and so is the state police force budget. Perhaps he should be reminded of this. Nicely at first. Then perhaps not so nicely. He should not play politics with the state police force by being used as a patsy for a AG thirsty for power. But if he is going to then others can as well.

So someone needs to have a sit down with him and find out what has changed in the last 12 years to make him want to behave so abominably to the citizen of Virginia.

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 23 Dec 2015 12:08:32

Senator Bill Carrico from our neck of the woods has said he's putting in a budget amendment to eliminate the Governor's executive protection detail on the theory that if TMac and AG Herring were that adverse to guns they ought not be discommoded by being surrounded at state expense with armed guards.

Good man.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Next

Return to General Discussion