How to fight the latest push for gun control

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: How to fight the latest push for gun control

Postby Viper21 » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 12:44:38

Ironbear wrote:Why call it "North Virginia" when you could call it "South Maryland"?

Swampman wrote:Or west DC? This would be fun - give NOVA to DC! Then the only representation they'd have in Congress would be Norton! They'd be begging to come back to VA! :hysterical:

Some great points, & ideas..!

When it really comes down to it, I don't care what they are called, as long as they aren't controlling the rest of Virginia anymore.

I'm not moving, or going anywhere either. The next time I move, it'll be to the cemetery. Whether that is next week, or in 30 years. I come from a long line of Virginians, who have been here since the American Revolution, & before. Several who fought in Washington's Army, & every major conflict up to the present day (All 3 sons on active duty right now).

I couldn't imagine calling somewhere else home, at this point in my life. I've left Virginia before, & never felt quite at home. I've spent 35 years in the workforce to secure my little piece of Virginia for my duration (hopefully longer). I'll defend my rights to the best of my abilities, & deal with the consequences if it comes to that.....

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Andy

Postby kelu » Fri, 14 Feb 2020 23:05:16

kelu wrote:We will have this secession discussion more and more.
It fits in the global pattern.

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Wed, 19 Feb 2020 23:13:25

"Greater Idaho": Conservatives In Oregon Want 22 Rural Counties To Secede And Become Part Of Idaho
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gre ... part-idaho
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 06:21:55

Rather than seeing pieces of States break off to join other existing States, I think that I'd prefer seeing them break off to create smaller States... (again, I THINK... not sure, though)

The idea behind my thinking that, is that a smaller State should be able to maintain control of itself, better. But, then I look at the OTHER small States. Of course, the other small States seem to be DC suburbs, or suburbs of NYC... so, I don't know.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Ironbear » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:17:53

SHMIV wrote:The idea behind my thinking that, is that a smaller State should be able to maintain control of itself, better. But, then I look at the OTHER small States. Of course, the other small States seem to be DC suburbs, or suburbs of NYC... so, I don't know.

A new state would get a minimum of one Congress member, and two senators. Which would drive the anti-electoral college activists nuts(!!!), since it would dilute the power of popular vote. For example, if say Wyoming split into four states... the region would go from one Congressman and two Senators; to four and eight respectively. On the "con" side... it would have four times as many politicians.

Of course, populated regions could play the same game; but the House advantage would go to relatively unpopulated areas.
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Ironbear » Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:55:58

FWIW. During the recent flurry of activity, I ended up on the email list of the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives. I don't know much about them, except that they came down on the right side in the gun ban. From their emails, they are offering some classes in political activism.
In Winchester: https://facl-training.org/schools/events/events/details/1005 and Lexington: https://facl-training.org/schools/events/events/details/1001

In my few minutes of due diligence, it appears that the organization is tied to Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership and National Association for Gun Rights. The bio's provided on the website's "Instructors" list indicate that a lot of them came from "Campaign for Liberty", "Ron Paul", and "Tea Party" backgrounds; with interests ranging from gun rights, property rights, homeschooling, etc.

Personally I will likely be reaching out to the Grassroots Leadership Academy (https://gla.americansforprosperityfoundation.org/about/); as, according to my mom, one of their directors (Matthew Hurtt) apparently got his start under my father's tutelage!
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Remek » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 23:28:04

This whole thing is very annoying. Biggest turnout at the statehouse ever, yet they continue with their ridiculous unconstitutional push.

Hold your ground. Do not comply.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Previous

Return to General Discussion