Companies ending their business relationships with the NRA.

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Companies ending their business relationships with the NRA.

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 26 Feb 2018 18:41:31

I’ve been thinking about these companies ending their business relationships with the NRA.

I'm perfectly willing to boycott them. I’m closing out one credit card for just that reason. But in some cases it will be easier said than done. For example, both Delta and United airlines are on that list. Guess what? When you have to fly out of Tri-Cities Airport in Blountville, TN there just aren’t many other options.

What NRA supporters, Second Amendment supporters and right-thinking individuals of all stripes ought to do in addition to boycotting where possible is write letters and present petitions to the Boards of Directors of these companies to impress upon them that corporate management is disaffecting large numbers of customers and potential customers by indulging their liberal bias.

I hope folks who sympathize will pass this notion along to their circle. Maybe we can wake up Wall Street on this one.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: Companies ending their business relationships with the NRA.

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:11:52

I don't fly, anyway. My opposition has primarily been with the indignities associated with airports. Pretty easy to boycott a service that you don't use; it will be just as easy as boycotting the NFL.

The rental car thing won't be too bad, either. Last time I did business with Enterprise, I was displeased with them. Since all the rental car companies joined the Nonsmoking Nazi Movement 20+ years ago, I try to find other solutions to my transportation needs.

Come to think of it, most of the objectionable businesses are ones that I don't use.

On a side note, it strikes me as particularly stupid, for a company to take a political stance.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby wittmeba » Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:31:25

I have never felt I would be able to exclusively boycott any company but I can certainly be selective and when a choice is available I can pick their competitors.
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby wittmeba » Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:49:28

A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:30:48

I cannot tell you the last time I went into a Toys R Us, or a Buffalo Wild Wings.

However, due to mom's illness, I did have to go to a Target, and a Starbucks (Her guilty pleasure). But I'm finding alternatives.

I have always tried to live a principled life, but I have some heavy duty gun owners that absolutely couldn't care any less, and make no efforts to work against anti-gunners. Their response, "Won't pay attention."

Uh-huh... and I quote "When they came for me? There was no one left."

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Postby Oakes » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:03:30

There are lots of people who hunt but don't belong to the NRA. I think they mentioned that just the hunters in 4 Midwestern states would constitute the worlds largest army. Throw in those in the military and it may not be a wise decision for a retail store to anger 2nd amendment supporters. Then again with self driving cars coming who would needs a rental car company. They are the stage coach companies of the past.

Oakes
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to General Discussion