NM Collector Software Version 3.0 and Your Privacy

Catalog your gun collection with NM Collector software

NM Collector Software Version 3.0 and Your Privacy

Postby nmCollector » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:56:46

Version 3.0 of NM Collector Software VGOF Edition is now available. This latest version has many new features and is easier to use than before. Why not give it a try?

If you currently have it, please visit the NM Collector Software Upgrade page to update your copy for free. If you do not already have a copy, you can download and install a fresh copy for free from the NM Collector Software VGOF Edition page - just scroll down to get to the downloads. You get the full features for 30 days. After 30 days you will be able to continue to use it for free but with fewer features.

With all of the talk of loss of privacy and hacking on the internet, protecting your privacy is more essential than ever. From the start I developed NM Collector Software with your privacy in mind. This program does not plant anything on your computer nor does it connect to the internet unless you tell it to.

Most of us have firewalls installed on our computers that we can use to monitor the network access of any program we run. Unfortunately, we rarely take full advantage of this capability. In order to help those who want to know what programs on their systems are accessing the internet but do not know how to do it I have documented step by step instructions on how to set up Norton Firewall to monitor the network access of any program (including but not limited to NM Collector Software) on your system. Norton Firewall is available for free from Comcast to their internet subscribers. Other firewalls are similar in functionality so these instructions might help even if you do not have Norton Firewall.

Please let me hear back from you if you like what I am doing or not. All constructive feedback, whether positive or negative, is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Clay Pryor
http://www.nmcollector.net

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Clay

Mac users please take note ...

Postby nmCollector » Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:29:11

Please note: due to a code signing issue with the Mac version, I had to rebuild and re-upload the Mac and the USB downloads.

If you use a Mac please try again later this evening.

For those who want to know, the issue has to do with the fact that I changed an existing application rather than uploading an entirely new application. The code signed application worked just fine until it was uploaded and then subsequently downloaded from the internet. At that point Mac's gatekeeper applies a more strict standard than an app that was not downloaded from the internet so it detected changes in the internal application that were not detected in the originally signed application. In order to make it work for the modified app downloaded from the internet I had to use more strict code signing options for it to work as an internet download.

Thanks for your patience.

nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

Re: NM Collector Software Version 3.0 and Your Privacy

Postby allingeneral » Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:35:49

This is a very handy tool to catalog your gun collection and save it somewhere. It's also useful for any other types of collections - knives, rocks, coins, etc.

Download a trial copy today and fill in some blanks to see if it will work for you. It could be a lifesaver if you ever need to talk to an insurance adjuster about your gun collection!

http://vgof.nmcollectorsoftware.com/
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Mac is working for all but the USB Upgrade

Postby nmCollector » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 00:40:32

Thanks allingeneral.

Still trying to figure out why the USB upgrade has a defective mac app. It can always be downloaded from the Mac upgrade which is working.

:)

Thanks for your patience!

nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby nmCollector » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:22:20

All downloads that contain the Mac Application are now working!

If you are encountering problems with the Mac application not running on your Mac due to Gatekeeper issues, please download it again.

Thanks again for your patience.

nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby nmCollector » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:34:30

Problem with 3.0 - scroll bar missing in tree view.

The vertical scroll bar is missing on the tree view in version 3.0. I'm working on a fix now. In the mean-time you can view items through the statistics view.

Also, you can revert back to the previous version at this link: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/revert/

The files are uploading now so please give them some time to finish uploading.

I will post when a new update is available.

Thanks for your patience.

nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby nmCollector » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:52:09

The problem has been corrected. All of the installers have successfully uploaded. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks,

nmCollector
Sighting In
Sighting In

Return to NM Collector (VGOF Edition) - Catalog your guns