Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby Moccasin » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:53:32

KennyS wrote:I may have just missed it, but could you supply a email for them so I could as well give them my two cents worth.


It's in one of my posts earlier in this thread. Go back 1 page in this thread or google Massaki Japanese Steakhouse.


Moccasin
 

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby GS78 » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:42:36

To be honest, I don't understand the outrage at a business that decides it would rather not allow open carry. It is their business. I would think that if YOU have a particular personal problem with their policy, you will go somewhere else. Problem solved.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby allingeneral » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:53:28

GS78 wrote:To be honest, I don't understand the outrage at a business that decides it would rather not allow open carry. It is their business. I would think that if YOU have a particular personal problem with their policy, you will go somewhere else. Problem solved.


Exactly - we do go elsewhere and then we're sure to let them know that they're losing business because of their policies and we let our friends know about the place.

When we use this tactic, it is an effort to get businesses to reconsider their stance on firearms due to the loss of business that it causes them. When a business changes their view, then that opens up another place that we don't have to worry about leaving our firearm in the vehicle, etc when carrying.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Image


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
Location: King George, Virginia
First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby GS78 » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 23:11:33

allingeneral wrote:
GS78 wrote:To be honest, I don't understand the outrage at a business that decides it would rather not allow open carry. It is their business. I would think that if YOU have a particular personal problem with their policy, you will go somewhere else. Problem solved.


Exactly - we do go elsewhere and then we're sure to let them know that they're losing business because of their policies and we let our friends know about the place.

When we use this tactic, it is an effort to get businesses to reconsider their stance on firearms due to the loss of business that it causes them. When a business changes their view, then that opens up another place that we don't have to worry about leaving our firearm in the vehicle, etc when carrying.
I understand . How many times has this aproach worked, and can somebody site these instances? just curious, because usually when a business owner is dead set against guns, the only thing that turns them around is being robbed. :whistle:
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby allingeneral » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 00:58:11

I've read more than a couple of stories where this has worked. Specifically, telling the business owner that they are creating a safe-haven for criminals while posting their "Gun free zone" has been talked about a time or two. I'm sure someone can chime in here with some info on one such incidence.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Image


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
Location: King George, Virginia
First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby zephyp » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:09:17

allingeneral wrote:I've read more than a couple of stories where this has worked. Specifically, telling the business owner that they are creating a safe-haven for criminals while posting their "Gun free zone" has been talked about a time or two. I'm sure someone can chime in here with some info on one such incidence.


I've informed my share of business owners up here about this but do not have any direct experience with seeing anyone changing their mind. With that, its like the lottery - it you dont play you cant win.

Just because something rarely happens doesnt mean we shouldnt try. Seeds are very tiny things. In order to see results someone must plant that seed and maybe more than once. Others must come and water and tend the seed. Others must guard the young plant to give it a chance. Once it takes root it will grow and become a large tree providing shelter for many.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby ProShooter » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:25:13

GS78 wrote:
allingeneral wrote:
GS78 wrote:To be honest, I don't understand the outrage at a business that decides it would rather not allow open carry. It is their business. I would think that if YOU have a particular personal problem with their policy, you will go somewhere else. Problem solved.


Exactly - we do go elsewhere and then we're sure to let them know that they're losing business because of their policies and we let our friends know about the place.

When we use this tactic, it is an effort to get businesses to reconsider their stance on firearms due to the loss of business that it causes them. When a business changes their view, then that opens up another place that we don't have to worry about leaving our firearm in the vehicle, etc when carrying.
I understand . How many times has this aproach worked, and can somebody site these instances? just curious, because usually when a business owner is dead set against guns, the only thing that turns them around is being robbed. :whistle:


Sure can!

Fuddruckers on West Broad St in Henrico. They were robbed at gunpoint and the manager (an Army vet) posted a NO GUNS ALLOWED sign after the robbery. A good number of us wrote letters protesting the policy and complained to their corporate office. The manager changed his mind and welcomed us with open arms (pun intended). He admitted that he had put the sign up in haste and he then took it down.

We paid him back for his change in position by having an Open Carry dinner there. Over 100 people in our group ate dinner and it was the most profitable Tuesday night in that restaurant's history.

Image
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
First Name: Jim

My Arsenal:
Lost it all in a tragic boating accident.

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby BluemontGlock » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:36:19

That is literally putting your money where your mouth is...
NIce example!!

I must say that anyone would be hard pressed to say that we, as a group, do not have excellent follow up... :clap:

Carry On!
Be particular, and be vigilant, as the enemy will only attack on two occasions:
When you're ready or when you're not ready.

Also never forget, that everyone who shows up, is not necessarily there to help.
_________________________________________________


User avatar
BluemontGlock
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:18:30
Location: High in the Blueridge Mtns
First Name: Eliot

Next Firearm:
.45 pistol

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:09:13

It's going to be interesting to see how this all changes next year when we are finally able to CC in restaurants (Yes, I'm being optimistic). I suspect that there will be establishments that will ban guns outright, but there will be many more that won't post a sign.

The antis will be heartbroken when the local Applebee's doesn't turn into the O.K. corral on a Friday night.


OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 14109
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
First Name: ORS

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby alby » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:10:42

OakRidgeStars wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how this all changes next year when we are finally able to CC in restaurants (Yes, I'm being optimistic). I suspect that there will be establishments that will ban guns outright, but there will be many more that won't post a sign.

The antis will be heartbroken when the local Applebee's doesn't turn into the O.K. corral on a Friday night.




I'm counting the days until the Gen.Assembly gets that bill to the Governor for his signature.
I assume it should be a done deal by April 2010.
ImageImageImageImage


User avatar
alby
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:51:30
First Name: Alby

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby herohog » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:09:13

If they don't see it, they won't know and won't care.


herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:58
First Name: Speedy

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby ccbob » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:22:06

allingeneral wrote:BB&T Banks (Entrances marked)
Spotsylvania Mall - Fredericksburg (Some entrances marked)
SunTrust Bank (Not posted - Corporate policy)




Unless posted I'm assuming CC is OK. What else could we think. COMMENTS PLEASE
Your best defense is a smart defense. Be prepared.

http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/?option ... &Itemid=32


User avatar
ccbob
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:05:18
Location: McLean
First Name: Bob

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:33:04

ccbob wrote:Unless posted I'm assuming CC is OK. What else could we think. COMMENTS PLEASE


That's correct. If the property is not posted at the entrances then CC or OC is permitted. However, if you're OC'ing and asked to leave, you must comply.


OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 14109
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
First Name: ORS

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby zephyp » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 08:07:45

OakRidgeStars wrote:
ccbob wrote:Unless posted I'm assuming CC is OK. What else could we think. COMMENTS PLEASE


That's correct. If the property is not posted at the entrances then CC or OC is permitted. However, if you're OC'ing and asked to leave, you must comply.


Yup. Add Wachovia bank to the list and the branches I've visited do have signs.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby herohog » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:42:58

"BB&T Banks (Entrances marked)"

The Staunton branch I use isn't posted on the door. I CC there.


herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:58
First Name: Speedy

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:07:41

Keep in mind ALL REGAL CINEMAS are anti-gun, and ALL SIMON MALLS are anti-gun. I have been around, and around with them to no avail trying to knock some sense into them. :bangin:

BOWTIE is NOT, BUT they serve alcohol, and I haven't OC'd in quite some time.

You know what would be an idea, let some of the "on the fence" restaurants have an OC night, see the profit, see the orderly polite customers, and that COULD encourage others to do it!

You get more flies with honey than vinegar.


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA
First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:09:57

Or, have an OC dinner at a gun-friendly establishment and fax copies of the total bill to the gun-unfriendly establishment with a note. "Here's what we were going to spend at your place. Instead, we went to your competitor."


OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 14109
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
First Name: ORS

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby WildBill44 » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:26:03

I will NOT leave my weapons in my car to shop or to eat. The only place I will leave them in the car is when I go to an event at my grand daughters school. Them all I carry is my knife, and me. :packin:


User avatar
WildBill44
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:40:56
Location: southern Virginia, Occupied CSA
First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
I used to have several, but they were stolen by a traveling band of Leprechauns! All I have left is a good strong club, a sharp knife and a tomahawk to hold off the barbarians!

Next Firearm:
M-2 .50 cal. MG

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby zephyp » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:26:43

OakRidgeStars wrote:Or, have an OC dinner at a gun-friendly establishment and fax copies of the total bill to the gun-unfriendly establishment with a note. "Here's what we were going to spend at your place. Instead, we went to your competitor."


:thumbsup: Include on that fax the flip side of the VCDL card where it describes who/what a CHP holder is.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Firearm Unfriendly Businesses in Virginia

Postby GS78 » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:31:40

I don't get it, really.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

PreviousNext


Return to Carrying Your Firearm

Who is online

Registered users: CDRGlock, dusterdude, Google [Bot]

cron
Please Support
Our Sponsors