Nashville Gunfight

If you are a writer and would like to contribute an article or Op-Ed piece, please do it here.

Nashville Gunfight

Postby SHMIV » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 09:48:39

Some guy is in a store, minding his business, shopping for shoes, with a bunch of other customers. Without warning, 3 men burst from the back of the store, guns drawn and actively firing.

The guy shopping draws his weapon, and shoots all 3 attackers. One is dead, one is in critical condition, and I assume the third guy is in a cell, with extra holes in his body and fresh bandages. Aside from the 3 attackers, no one else was injured.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/04/2 ... -handedly/

I'm going to hazard a wild guess, and suggest that maybe this guy had fired a gun, once or twice before.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Re: Nashville Gunfight

Postby AlanM » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:28:40

That bearingarms.com article is missing something and the reader comments somewhat bear that out.

This report, http://wkrn.com/2017/04/21/man-killed-d ... eaux-shop/, states that the person that drove off the perps got his weapon by taking it from one of them.

"Witnesses said one of the people in the group was able to wrestle one of the suspect’s gun away and exchanged fired with at least one person."
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby kelu » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:29:29

The source says something else:

Metro police told News 2 a group of people were inside the store when at least three armed suspects came in through an unlocked back door and began firing.

Witnesses said one of the people in the group was able to wrestle one of the suspect’s gun away and exchanged fired with at least one person.

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/21/man-killed-d ... eaux-shop/

Firing your own weapon is one, wrestling for the attacker weapon and then shoot, probably with same pistol, it's way more. Steel balls.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby AlanM » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:35:17

And yet another news report on this:
http://www.wsmv.com/story/35207119/1-ki ... shoe-store

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
One person is dead and two others are injured after an overnight shootout.

The shooting happened the Hot Kicks shoe store on Clarksville Pike around 11 p.m. Thursday.

Investigators say 22-year-old Myles Owens and a small group were gathered inside the store hanging out, which is when another group of men came in and opened fire.

Police said Owens wrestled one of the suspect’s gun away and returned fire.

When police got to the scene, they found 19-year-old Damelvian Evans in critical condition. He later died at the hospital.

Two other men, Ricky Starks and Dwight Mason Jr., both 18, showed up at Centennial Hospital. One is in critical condition, but the other is expected to be OK.

Police said Starks and Mason have been interviewed.

According to police, the three people who were shot are all believed to be part of the group that opened fire.

Police said it's not clear what led up to the gunfire.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby SHMIV » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:14:38

Amazing.

Who goes all wild west in a shoe store, like that? That's just strange. Makes me wonder if Mr. Owens, or one of his group, knew the attacker's.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby smltooner » Sun, 30 Apr 2017 22:14:51

SHMIV wrote:Amazing.

Who goes all wild west in a shoe store, like that? That's just strange. Makes me wonder if Mr. Owens, or one of his group, knew the attacker's.

I was thinking the same thing.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Postby WRW » Mon, 01 May 2017 00:46:06

Sometimes all it takes is a slight, real or imagined...

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Return to Articles and Op-Ed