WHERE IS THE .22LR?!

WHERE IS THE .22LR?!

Postby jasonallen127 » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:57:54

Does anyone have leads on a location to purchase .22LR, preferably Federal 36gr copper plated bulk packs or CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain copper jacketed round nose? I can't seem to find .22LR in stock anywhere except Clark Brothers (and I only buy there what I intend to shoot there at their marked up prices).

Also, anyone in NoVA interested in selling a few spare boxes from your own inventory for cash?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
jasonallen127
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jason

My Arsenal:
.357 Mag
12 Gauge

Next Firearm:
Reducing what I have.

Re: WHERE IS THE .22LR?!

Postby meak99 » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:13:18

Green top had about 100 boxes of federal bulk on Monday. Limit 1 box per customer, $22.95. That was like an eternity ago, though. They also had American Eagle 100rd packs of .223 for $45.99... also limited to 1 box.

It's the only .22LR or .223 I've seen on a shelf since Christmas.

meak99
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Matt

Postby M1A4ME » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 06:49:54

Just a suggestion for "later".

When you buy .22 ammo, buy 2 bulk packs. Buy some surplus .50 caliber ammo cans. Shoot from one brick, put the other one in an ammo can and save it. Repeat. Till you build up enough reserve of .22 ammo that you feel you can get through a long dry spell when ammo is hard to come by.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby DryBones » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:29:25

tried to support a sponsor here and placed an order for 2500 rounds from Sportsman Guide. Told it was on backorder until March. No problem waiting until then but today I get an email stating that it is now on backorder until at least June. Are the hoarders really buying that much ammo or is this shortage coming from some other outside "influence"???

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
DryBones
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Jason

My Arsenal:
Noneya

Next Firearm:
a few more

Postby kelu » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:38:00

How much money are needed to make an ammo factory? Looks like a hot business.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby meadmkr » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:08:38

I stocked up (a bit) after the last round of shortages.... I just wish I'd had a way to safe location to store even more primers that I have :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
meadmkr
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
If the Mrs is reading this I only have 4 [wink, wink]

Next Firearm:
Supressor (brand tbd)

Postby Purdune » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:27:44

Dawsons in Woodbridge is where I bought mine a couple weeks ago. They only had bulk boxes of CCI 22lr copper plated 1200 fps in 375 round boxes. No other selections besides small quantity boxes.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Purdune
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Joseph

My Arsenal:
I'm sorry can you restate the question please?

Postby meadmkr » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:42:06

Wallyword in Sterling had Federal 325's on the shelf this morning (about a dozen boxes or so).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
meadmkr
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
If the Mrs is reading this I only have 4 [wink, wink]

Next Firearm:
Supressor (brand tbd)

Postby gunderwood » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:09:11

kelu wrote:How much money are needed to make an ammo factory? Looks like a hot business.

Unless you're building specialized cartridges (high end hunting/target shooting, etc.) then its not. The military has the same problem which is why the like selling surplus ammo from Lake City. If you size your factories for peak demand you will go out of business when average demand returns. This is why firearm and ammo manufacturers aren't bringing on huge new lines, they know that once this dies down there will be a surplus of goods. When things return to normal, stock up for the next shortage.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Postby Purdune » Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:26:25

gunderwood wrote:This is why firearm and ammo manufacturers aren't bringing on huge new lines, they know that once this dies down there will be a surplus of goods. When things return to normal, stock up for the next shortage.

Sage words. Sage words.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Purdune
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Joseph

My Arsenal:
I'm sorry can you restate the question please?

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:58:50

I was at a WalMart in Illinois a couple of weeks ago; they were fully stocked.in .22.

A little closer to home, I purchased a box of .22 at the WalMart in Fredericksburg, not too long ago. They seemed to have plenty in stock.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Return to Ammunition and Reloading