I got ammo! GunBot.net

I got ammo! GunBot.net

Postby WBlacklidge » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:16:22

I recently had some luck getting .40 S&W and I wanted to post how I did it.

I was searching forums on when/where/how was the best way to get ammo from a physical store (Walmart, Dicks, etc) and came across a website called gunbot.net.

The way it works:
Change the settings to set the price per round that you are willing to pay. You then leave the webpage open and it will play a sound to notify you when a retailer is offering that price. You now have real time access to when ammo is in stock online.

I was able to get...
BVAC .40 S&W CPRN 180 Grain 250 Round Value Pack - Remanufactured for $86.99
from selwayarmory.com

Not fantastic for re-manufactured but it had decent reviews from the Glock forums and really I just need to target shoot to get more familiarity with my M&P 40c and practice. It also took several attempts to get my order in fast enough before it sold out.

Either way, happy hunting!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson Papers

WBlacklidge
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Billy

My Arsenal:
M&P 40c
M&P 22

Next Firearm:
Rifle or Full Size 9mm

Re: I got ammo! GunBot.net

Postby Taggure » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:21:09

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby Monkey » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:55:47

Congratulations - these days, even getting ammo using gunbot isn't easy anymore. Guess the secret is out.

You know, it's a sad day when you say to yourself, "Is $0.79/rd really that bad for 5.56?"...

And to all those who are selling 22lr for 0.30/rd: FOAD. And to those who are buying it - consider the same.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: J

My Arsenal:
Redacted

Next Firearm:
Whatever stray follows me home...

Postby WBlacklidge » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:23:50

Yeah I have a page up for .40 and .22lr... .22lr is just a no go at all. $0.07 is as high as I will go and I am still not that desperate yet.

My girlfriend and I were on a roll shooting once a week buying our LGS inflated .40 ammo prices ($24-28 a box). I went in and they insisted the shortage was so bad and they would only give ammo to those renting their guns. At that point I decided to stop wasting my money and be proactive about getting ammo at a fair price. We really just need to continue practicing and junk ammo is fine. Getting a few failures would be fine practice as well.

I really expect in the near future we will see supply reach the demand and after that be in a surplus condition. Although that might be naive of me. Utopia.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson Papers

WBlacklidge
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Billy

My Arsenal:
M&P 40c
M&P 22

Next Firearm:
Rifle or Full Size 9mm

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:59:24

AIG Tactical is on Gunbot.net - too bad they can't get any ammo in stock.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby Jollyrogers66 » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:17:59

I am a gunbot junky... however, it has gotten so bad for 9mm and 5.7 (which is never good), I went back to reloading. Only to discover powder/primers/bullets are just as hard to find. But I finally have managed to get a few K of primer/bullets, and enough powder to at least load some... and am happily reloading now. Slow, but much more economical, and pretty fun way to waste away rainy days :)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Jollyrogers66
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Brian

My Arsenal:
I have nun.

Postby Monkey » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:26:34

Jollyrogers66 wrote:I am a gunbot junky... however, it has gotten so bad for 9mm and 5.7 (which is never good), I went back to reloading. Only to discover powder/primers/bullets are just as hard to find. But I finally have managed to get a few K of primer/bullets, and enough powder to at least load some... and am happily reloading now. Slow, but much more economical, and pretty fun way to waste away rainy days :)

I'm with ya. I'd buy the reloading equipment and consumables, were I not departing soon for a part of the world where they write and talk kinda funny. The way I figure, by the time I get back, a lot of this insanity should have died down.

That said, I gunbotted some Freedom Munitions 9mm today - 500 rd for $170.

Made some co-workers laugh when the buzzer sound went off in my office...

Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Redacted

Next Firearm:

Postby nbk13nw » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:16:16

I have been averaging .28¢ per round the last two months. But it is getting harder. My last was .30¢ per round two days ago for 200 rounds of 9mm.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
nbk13nw
On Target
On Target

My Arsenal:
Springfield XD(M) 5.25" 45ACP COMP
Remington 870 Tactical 12 GA

Postby UnderwaterMike » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:38:09

AIM Surplus had Wolf 9mm for ~$11 per box this afternoon. But, after adding the 10-box maximum to my cart and starting the checkout, the site slowed way down. I think they must handoff to a different server/provider for checkout? Anyway, ammo sold out of my cart while I was trying to enter my CC number. AIM is getting almost as bad as PSA in that regard.

I've started viewing the lack of ammo in a different way: It's God's subtle way of trying to keep the fighing between the wife and me to a minimum.

:whistle:
Proudly American by birth. Proudly Virginian by choice.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
UnderwaterMike
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
Lost them all while boating on the Potomac.

Next Firearm:
Ruger SR1911

Postby Monkey » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:15:36

Weird thing happened to me today. Ventura Munitions had Wolf 223 at 0.54/rd. i balked at the last second as I checked out and closed the tab.

Got an email later in the day that said it was still in my cart a few hours later. Never heard of that happening.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Monkey
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Redacted

Next Firearm:

Postby UnderwaterMike » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:43:58

Monkey wrote:Weird thing happened to me today. Ventura Munitions had Wolf 223 at 0.54/rd. i balked at the last second as I checked out and closed the tab.

Got an email later in the day that said it was still in my cart a few hours later. Never heard of that happening.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Don't look a gift purchase in the wallet. Or something like that.
Proudly American by birth. Proudly Virginian by choice.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
UnderwaterMike
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
Lost them all while boating on the Potomac.

Next Firearm:
Ruger SR1911

Return to Ammunition and Reloading