get 2 massive wound channels per hit.

get 2 massive wound channels per hit.

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 10:10:50

My split Nose design of handgun bullet is a solid copper hp, weighing 45 grs. It has a massive, conical hollowbase cavity and the center of the long axis is slit, from the nose almost to the bottom of the base cavity. It impacts of over 2000 fps, the bullet splits in half lengthwise, sending 2 sharp cornered "hard" (relative to lead) unstable segments yawing and tumbling thru the target. The wound tracks diverge, get 8-9" of penetration in animal chests. (3" barreled 9x21mm Kimber Micro 9, range 10 yds or so) Because of the 2200 fps impact speed, the temporary gas cavities are capable (and do) cause damage to fragile organ tissue. So the effect is a wound 3/4" x 1.5" (average) 9" deep. Such rds are also fully AP on Threat Level III concealable armor.

Until I get the company up and running, you'll have to make your own split Nose's. It's easily done with a vise, a $15 handheld grinder from Harbor Freight, $40 of micrometer, a $20 handheld electric drill, and a file. Simply chuck up a short piece of copper rod in the drill. Hold a file or the Dremel cut off disks (3 disks on the mandrel) to get close to the OD of the finished bullet. Then use crocus cloth folded around the file to finish said OD. Use the dremel and file to create the nose-shape, hp and hb cavities. Then use the little exacto saw to slit the bullets from the nose almost to the hb cavity. Measure the depth of the cut, keep going until the paper target shows the bullet coming apart in mid air. Then reduce the depth of your saw kerf by .020".

A cheap, easy way to make 45 gr test bullets for the 9mm is to melt the lead cores out of 115 gr bullets (ball or jhp, doesn't matter) and replace the lead with Epoxy. Alliant Bullseye is the only powder with enough "octane" to work the slide. The amounts of Bullseye are staggering to the uninformed. Like 6.0 grs or more. But so are the velocities you'll see on your chronograph. Hug a tree while firing your "work up" loads, wear heavy gloves and leave out the magazine. Work up half a grain at a time, looking for pressure signs and checking to see if you got a corresponding increase in velocity. If you did not, stop, back off to the last load! that's your safe maximum charge with that bullet.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: get 2 massive wound channels per hit.

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 12:24:57

You are admitting to and encouraging others to commit a federal felony.

Per federal code 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(17)(B), any handgun ammo larger than .22 caliber with a jacket weight of more than 25 percent of the total projectile weight, is illegal to make or posses. If you make a hollow bullet (air core), then the jacket is 100% of the weight of the bullet, which violates that law.

Also, with regard to the custom epoxy bullets, check your weights when the jacket is empty compared to when the epoxy is present. If it's too light, its still a felony.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:14:06

so put in a lead #2 pellet. A couple of states DO require a lead core in handgun bullets. But you're fos in the first place. there's plenty of solid copper handgun bullets out there, and that's all this is. There's no jacket. A jacket is around some sort of core. There is no core here. there's a partition of copper between the hp and hb cavities. Your problem is you can't read.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:16:04

this sort of stuff is the mark of a weak mind. Pretty soon you'll be insisting that if I say helium is lighter than air, it can't be so, just cause EYE said it. If you dont like my posts, don't read em. It's really very simple.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:18:29

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:25:00

apparently you are butthurt that I"m able to show you up so badly here. But i've got many, many thousands of hours of thought, training, study and experience at this stuff. Nobody else could have the necessary free time, money and interest level that I have, so of course nobody knows even a fraction of what I know.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:25:54

I don’t know what makes you so stupid, but it really works.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:29:29

you're far too lazy to ever make such bullets and go test them on animals, so you have no basis for any opinon whatsoever on this subject. you've had none on the other stuff you blow so hard about either, but I"ve let it slide. But since you've chosen to make it personal, I'm going to show the world just HOW ignorant you really are.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:30:22

Aww, it’s so cute when you try to talk about things you don’t understand.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby smltooner » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 19:03:54

:clap: this is fun.
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:27:26

you got it WAY backwards. You dream about knowing what I know. The FBI wasted 8 million $ (in today's money) of our tax dollars, making up bs excuses for having COMPLETELY missed Platt over 40x, at ranges under 5 yds. What hits they got, other than the execution 3 shots as he sat there, bled out, unarmed and helpless, were all peripheral luck hits. The luck hit to his brachial artery and lung was all that saved them. If he'd had an AK, steel cored ammo, ear protection and concealable armor, he'd have killed all 8 of them by himself, and gotten away. If his worthless partner had been anything like as tough, they'd have gotten the first 2 feds before the others could have joined in. Dumbasses didn't even know to steal a couple of offroad bikes and a mini van for their robberies, do robberies in OTHER cities, etc. At the very least, every tenth car has a key hidden on it somewhere. all you have to do, to steal a car, if all you want is ANY car, is look under a few of them for the magnetic "hideakey" holder.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to Ammunition and Reloading