12 Gauge target ammo pallets

12 Gauge target ammo pallets

Postby bryanrheem » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:52:28

Does anybody know how I could get in on pallet purchases of 12 gauge target ammo? I've talked with several of the people over at bull run, but most of them simply purchase ammo from bull run. I've heard that there are some groups that purchase pallets and split it up and I'd love to get in on that action!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
bryanrheem
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bryan

My Arsenal:
just keeps growing....

Re: 12 Gauge target ammo pallets

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:06:11

I'd be interested, too.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Re: 12 Gauge target ammo pallets

Postby jdonovan » Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:39:41

bryanrheem wrote:I've heard that there are some groups that purchase pallets and split it up and I'd love to get in on that action!

So last I knew of when I was shooting skeet more frequently the savings on a pallet was only down in the .25-.50 a box range. A pallet is 96 cases of 250... a 1/4 buy in was up in the $3000 range.

If you catch the sales at dicks/Walmart etc... you could often get very close to the same pricing.

The only person who I knew was getting 'good' deals was buying in 10+ pallet quantities. But he was a semi-full time pro, and shot A LOT.

Also once you get away from high-volume 12-ga loads there is much more savings to find, but how much 28ga does the non-competitor, average guy really shoot?

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Return to Ammunition and Reloading