7.7x58mm Arisaka Ammo

7.7x58mm Arisaka Ammo

Postby Snake » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:49:16

Anyone know of a relaiable source for 7.7x58mm Arisaka Ammo made for the Japanese Type 99? My uncle has one that was sent back from the Philipeanes by my Grandpa. Its a battlefield pick up....however the Imperial Seal is ground off... Anyways I would like to get a few round and or find a few donations or rounds (4 or 5 Bullets) before December 1, 2012. Reason being on December 1st it will be my grandpa's 88th Birthday however he passed in 1985 before I was born and I would like to honor him by firing the Type 99 he sent back. The Type 99 hasnt been fired since 1984 the year before he died. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
SNAKE

Snake
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jonwain

My Arsenal:
Currently Owned:
Para-Ordnance GI Expert 1911 .45 ACP
Marlin Model 25N .22 Long Rifle
Eagle Arms Companion 12 Gauge
New England Arms Pardner 12 Gauge
CVA .50 Muzzle Loader

Next Firearm:
AR PLatform Or AK Series

Re: 7.7x58mm Arisaka Ammo

Postby Jacob » Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:33:00

Hornady is your best bet, I have some reloads, brass and bullets and such. Problem is the only 7.7 I have is getting a makeover. The action is good, but the barrel is bad and the mum is ground off, and bubba drilled and tapped it and tried to bend the bolt handle.
I have an old Norma box from so far back, the ink on the price reads '6.50' THAT tells you how old it is.
Hornady is loading it in Prvi brass with their bullet, and it is good ammo for a decent price, better than Norma by far.

Jacob
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jacob

My Arsenal:
German Guild Rifle off of a 1903, set trigger, French Walnut, Buffalo Horn grip cap, Zeiss 4X in claw mounts.

Next Firearm:
Anybody's guess...

Postby Snake » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:55:13

Thanks Jacob. Much Appreciated. I will check into the Hornady Ammo. Never heard of Norma. If you know of any other places please let me know.
SNAKE

Snake
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jonwain

My Arsenal:
Currently Owned:
Para-Ordnance GI Expert 1911 .45 ACP
Marlin Model 25N .22 Long Rifle
Eagle Arms Companion 12 Gauge
New England Arms Pardner 12 Gauge
CVA .50 Muzzle Loader

Next Firearm:
AR PLatform Or AK Series

Postby Jacob » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:51:28

Hey no problem. If you can't come up with anything else, I'd be glad for you have some or all of the handloads I have since as I stated I don't have a functional 7.7 anymore. Mine is going to become a 7x57 with a butterknife bolt handle.
I was thinking Prvi Partisan did it, because they do the brass for Hornady, but I didn't see it on their website but that does not bean anything. When I get to the shop this weekend I will check for you and see what all is available.

Jacob
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jacob

My Arsenal:
German Guild Rifle off of a 1903, set trigger, French Walnut, Buffalo Horn grip cap, Zeiss 4X in claw mounts.

Next Firearm:
Anybody's guess...

Postby vajeff56 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:46:16

Sportsman guide carries 7.7 but is currently backordered through end of october. Cabela's has in stock. Both have Hornady.

vajeff56
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
not at this time

Postby Doyle » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:37:12

Coming into this thread but I will sound off anyway. Typically you can pick up factory made at the Chantilly show. But it is pricey. Like $30 for 20 rounds. Each time I begin to load a new caliber I like to get a couple of boxes of factory made so that I can compare my loads against store bought. I am a simple guy and my goal is to replicate the factory loads as close as possible. For brass you might try Garf and Sons in Mexico, Missouri. They are pretty good folks and I got an email from them that they had 7.7 brass in stock. Good luck with your adventures.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
Doyle
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Doyle

Return to Ammunition and Reloading