Hornady Die Set 6.5 CARC (.268)Die Set 6.5 CARC (.268)
Hornady
    Hornady Die Set 6.5 JAP (.264)Die Set 6.5 JAP (.264)
Hornady
    Hornady Die Set 6.5 Grendel .264Die Set 6.5 Grendel .264
Hornady

My first range fun with the PT-111

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic Post pictures or videos as well as specifications or whatever else you want to say about the guns that you know and love.

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:02:32

Shell casings were caught in midair...
Love shooting this thing!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Re: My first range fun with the PT-111

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:23:29

Cool Close up.....
Attachments
Taurus_InAction.jpg
Taurus_InAction.jpg (54.56 KiB) Viewed 322 times
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby GreatDaneMan » Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:44:36

Cool. How you liking it? How many rounds through? I have the PT145 in SS. 200 Rounds. The only fails were I think two stove pipes when friends were shooting, and one fail to feed. I shot about 170 of the rounds with no problems. Not forgiving to limp-wristers.

Edit - Were these pictures reversed left/right? The ejection port, indicator, safety and slide lock is on the wrong side. Or is this a left handed model that I have never seen?

GreatDaneMan
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
I love Taurus.

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:32:13

Good catch, yes the pics got reversed somehow in the process of moving it to the laptop to the iPad.

I've put about three hundred rounds through this now and a lot more scheduled next month going through a defense course. The gun has been a dream with no failures. None!

I've had a hard time getting the sights right for me. Shoots fine at the closer distances, of course.. But the further distances are rough.

I almost got that PT145! Bet you are loving that! But this gun is just great; It goes everywhere with me now, even when I carry the Cougar 8045.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby fuze » Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:37:07

Nice pics, I carry a PT111 Pro as my conceal (Uncle Mikes IWB size 12 holster), it's a nice gun for the money. Like you said, it is accurate enough at close range, definitely not a match gun.

Mine has a few thousand threw it, no problems... I don't forsee any either. Not a lot of wear on the slides or anywhere for that matter like some other Semi auto handguns I have dealt with.

fuze
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Nunya.

Next Firearm:
Colt Anaconda

Return to Show Off Your Hardware