WTB: Broken Glocks

Looking for a specific firearm or firearm accessory? Post your WTB request here.

WTB: Broken Glocks

Postby Tzupp86 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:30:41

Looking to pick up some guns that have been used and/or abused.

This is strictly for some hobbyist gunsmithing and my own project purposes.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
Tzupp86
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Tom

My Arsenal:
Glock 17

Re: WTB: Broken Glocks

Postby BadgerJack » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:03:20

BROKEN Glocks? Really?! Good luck!!!

I have been trying to break a Glock 17 since 1993, originally bought in the winter of 1989/1990, and replaced the trigger bar first thing, with no luck.

Mind you I am not willing to turn it into schrapnell in front of my face, so double loads and plugging the barrel are out of the question, but...

I am somewhere north of 35,000 rounds of everything [EXCEPT WINCHESTER] ammo, with no cleaning, and I have slammed, smacked, and thrown it, and that sucker has not managed to have any malfunctions that could not be DIRECTLY attributed to WINCHESTER ammo. I even hit it with an 8# sledge hammer a couple times, just to show people it cannot fire if you don't pull the trigger.

You might want to look for something that actually does break, like KelTec or SCCY...
Badger Jack
Good luck, and God Speed.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
BadgerJack
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jack

My Arsenal:
1911A1
1903, 1903A3, 1903 Sporter
WWII Mod 98 Sporter, .30-06, H.W. Hyem Barrel...
FNAR .308 Heavy, 4.5~14 MilDot, and
(12) 20 rnd mags...

Return to Want to Buy