32 RIMFIRE

Looking for a specific firearm or firearm accessory? Post your WTB request here.

32 RIMFIRE

Postby tomsp8 » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:03:07

I know this is a longshot, but hoping someone has a few 32 long or short rimfire rounds they are willing to part with. I realize it is rather collectible if in mint condition with box, but I need a few shootable rounds if someone has a partial box that they are not interested in collecting. I am willing to trade some 9mm, .38/.357, 45acp, .308 reloading brass or bullets.
I recently received a Stevens model 1894 in 32 long rimfire and would really like to be able to shoot it a few times before
maybe retiring it to the wall. Was given a full box of ammo with it, but the deal was that I could not shoot any of that ammo, and I wasn't to restore the gun. That was the deal, so I can't go back on my word. The gun is shootable (permission was granted if I can find ammo) (complete tear down/inspection/cleaning/lubing was performed. Lots of cleaning...lol) with a lot of cool character to it.
Hoping to even be able to maybe take a squirrel with it for nostalgia, if it proves accurate enough. :-D
I am in Virginia Beach.
Thank you
Tom 757-748-1674 or email tomspeight3 at aol.com

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
tomsp8
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Tom

My Arsenal:
Guns?....What guns?.....

Re: 32 RIMFIRE

Postby Chasbo00 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 02:17:14

Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby tomsp8 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:33:22

Please....I am not paying 4-10 bucks a round, rediculous.....That is why I posted this in hopes to trade someone, maybe an older gentleman, that happened to have a few stashed in a drawer that would be willing to trade me for something else they might need. Like I said in my post, I'm not looking for investment. Simply would like to have a handful on hand to be able to bring a very cool old rifle back to life.
I have ordered and used the modified cases similar to the ones found at Dixie Gun Works,
and the gun functions safely, but they cost as much as the overpriced stuff on Gunbroker. I simply would like a few shootable factory loads on hand to compare, and for nostalgea purposes, and would much rather trade for them.
As the post started out, I know it's a longshot, but you never know if you don't ask.

Tom

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
tomsp8
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Guns?....What guns?.....

Postby Chasbo00 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:40:08

Well, good luck finding some at a good price. Most of us are still having a rough time finding .22 rimfire at decent price.
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Charlie

Postby BadgerJack » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:28:46

Did a quick [? define 'quick'!] search for .32 RF, .32 Long RF, and I only found collectable, by the round. Old Western Scrounger had the best price: Remington $4.00 per round.

Your best bet is going to go to the larger gun shows where you might find some of the Navy Arms [no longer made?] stuff ay a "I want to get rid of this stuff" price, or a cartridge collector with a full/partial box, and just go ahead and the pay price.

Second best bet is to go to the smaller out-of-the-way gun sows back in the boonies. I have seen a LOT of weird, and weird old, stuff crawl out of the woodwork. Sometimes them Ol' Renecks need the money, and they dig out Grandpas' stuff and sell it off, but they won't go too far to find a show.

Third best bet is to hit up the odd 'Anitque Mall' that you come across. I have found a few old guns and many boxes of ammo over the years in the backwood out-of-the-way Antique shops/malls, which you usually only come across by accident, like one a few miles outside of Warm Springs, Ga., for instance.

Good luck and God Speed.
Badger Jack
Good luck, and God Speed.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
BadgerJack
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Jack

My Arsenal:
1911A1
1903, 1903A3, 1903 Sporter
WWII Mod 98 Sporter, .30-06, H.W. Hyem Barrel...
FNAR .308 Heavy, 4.5~14 MilDot, and
(12) 20 rnd mags...

Postby tomsp8 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:17:52

Thanks, Badger
I'm actually in the process of making my own from 32 long colt cases. I've got 100 cast bullets coming, these are
cast from Ideal mold 299153, just like the originals. (Heeled style)
Drilling out the flash hole, and cut a slight recess, to install a shortened 22 nailgun blank for primer. I've made
a few dummys and fortunately my firing pin will strike them. Will be loading with fff black powder.
Fun project.

tomsp8
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Guns?....What guns?.....

ads

Return to Want to Buy