Bloomberg/McAuliffe take it on the chin - election results

The VCDL does a great job defending our rights under the Second Amendment here in Virginia. VA-Alerts are frequently sent out to subscribers and contain a wealth of information about upcoming action items and news stories.

This forum is an archive of VCDL's VA Alerts

Moderator: Taggure

Forum rules
Only VCDL VA Alerts and associated calendar entries are to be posted here. You may reply to the threads here, but please do not start a new one without moderator approval.

Bloomberg/McAuliffe take it on the chin - election results

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:16:53

VA-ALERT: Bloomberg/McAuliffe take it on the chin - election results

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: http://www.vcdl.org/join
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
VA-ALERT archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now

Couldn’t have happened to nicer tyrants, either.

VCDL-PAC endorsed Republican Senator Dick Black beat anti-gun Democrat Jill McCabe by 5%. Bloomberg poured a million dollars into that race to defeat Senator Black because of Senator Black’s strong pro-gun voting record.

Republican Senate-canididate Glen Sturtevant Jr. beat anti-gun Daniel Gecker by 3%. The Gecker campaign received over a million dollars from Bloomberg and ran anti-gun ads day after day. Sturtevant’s refusal to fill out the VCDL survey hurt his campaign with grassroots gun owners. What saved him was that all the anti-gun Gecker ads backfired, alarming many grassroots gun owners enough to vote for Sturtevant just to keep Gecker out of power.

Bloomberg’s only win was in the Parrish and McPike race, where Parrish lost by 8%. Neither Parrish nor McPike returned the VCDL survey.

GOVERNOR MCAULIFFE LOSES THE SENATE HE WANTED SOOOOO BADLY

The anti-gun Democrat Senate leadership stays out of power as the Republicans managed to retain their bare 21 to 19 majority. Two Democrats out of the nineteen will probably vote with us from time-to-time, which will help in getting the majority needed to pass some pro-gun bills.

The failure to take control of the Senate puts a major kink in Bloomberg and McAuliffe’s anti-gun plans for Virginia.

In the House, the Republicans have a bare SUPER-majority - 66 to 34. A few of the House Democrats might vote with us occasionally on pro-gun bills.

The VCDL-PAC had 27 wins, 17 losses, for a 61% success rate this election cycle.

POSSIBLE RECOUNTS

There will possibly be one or two recounts because of some super-tight races in the House. From VCDL’s point of view, the results will not be significant, regardless of how they go.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Re: Bloomberg/McAuliffe take it on the chin - election results

Postby kelu » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:27:14

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:34:14

The feeling is mutual.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby kelu » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:54:29

A wave of change is all over the planet.
Today in my home country the corrupt prime minister finally resigned, under pressure of tens of thousands of people on the street. And 90% of those are young people.
Looks like elites are losing. Keep up the pressure!
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby AlanM » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:58:36

kelu wrote:A wave of change is all over the planet.
Today in my home country the corrupt prime minister finally resigned, under pressure of tens of thousands of people on the street. And 90% of those are young people.

Romania, I'm assuming?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby kelu » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 10:04:05

AlanM wrote:

Romania, I'm assuming?

Yes.
The prime minister was accused of corruptions and made weekly visits to what is called here district attorney, for inquiries. He will most likely will be sent to trial and hopefully jail. Yet he refused to resign, until today. Cockroaches are cockroaches everywhere.
But I see the young generation awakening (I did not put a lot of faith in it until recently). And that is a good sign.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 10:45:47

Virginia's only hope not to stay pretty much permanently blue in the Governor's mansion would be a drastic reduction in the federal workforce in DC resulting in a mass exodus of bureaucrats from NOVA.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby kelu » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 11:55:16

Or more conservative people to move in NOVA. Why let the democrats to take the good jobs?

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Ironbear » Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:44:21

kelu wrote:Or more conservative people to move in NOVA. Why let the democrats to take the good jobs?

Once you join the "Willing to Suck the Government Teat" Club, are you allowed to keep your membership in the "Small Government, Liberty Loving, Fiscally Conservative" Club?
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby kelu » Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:49:22

Yes, if you have a spine and some morals. I don't work for gubmint, but Marc looks like a good example.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby smltooner » Thu, 05 Nov 2015 19:33:54

kelu wrote:Image
OakRidgeStars wrote:The feeling is mutual.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Ted

Postby kelu » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:44:29

Blast from the past.
Now I feel violent times ahead.

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Return to Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) VA Alerts