SHTF - caliber and platform discussion

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Re: SHTF - caliber and platform discussion

Postby Viper21 » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:20:28

0ne5hot wrote:
yeah they do require more effort to keep yourself consistent but I bow hunt every year. So to me it is just another tool in the tool box.

Same here. As do my boys. I always figured in a shtf scenario... they (bows) would play a role in our scenario anyways. Best part about the bows imo would be the ability to harvest food without alerting anyone else in the area to your position.

Cool thread btw. Like most, We have certainly thought about this "what if" scenario as well. Fortunately, I live in a rural area with some property well suited for survival. :)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Andy

Postby kelu » Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:47:23

Vodka bottle caliber incendiary ammo seems very effective:

Where I was born is less than 30 miles from Ukrainian border.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby Mindflayer » Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:20:02

You know you've spent time thinking about this with friends when your TEOTWAWKI plan includes settling on some common calibers. One of my friends is a C&R communist-era fanatic and we had to discuss whether we'd settle on 7,62x54R, .308, or .223... Ditto 9x18 Mak, 7,62x25 Tok, or 9mm....

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Patrick

Next Firearm:
Is it free?

Postby bali » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:01:38

Ciener firearms has been offering .22lr conversions units for the AK, AR and Mini-14 for nearly 40 years now. They eliminate the need to choose just a centerfire or just a rimfire. YOu can have both, with just a 3/4 lb, $200, box mag conversion. The parts swap takes just 10 seconds (in 223, the .30 ak unit takes longer cause you need the barrel liner).

If shtf, the game will all be gone in a month. The starving cats and dogs will either kill it all, or chase it out where starving people will shoot it. Probably, those shots will just wound the critter and then the dogs will end up eating it. In another month, the cats, dogs, local fish, and known edible wild plants will be gone, too. Then the cannibalism will begin.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)