Dividing your prepping groups into "Star Trek" groups.

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Dividing your prepping groups into "Star Trek" groups.

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:57:47

I was just thinking, the blue shirts are medical/science officers, handy group to have around, yellow is admin/security officers, and red shirts are technical/cannon fodder, yet another good group to have around.

How handy would it be to train a BUNCH of people in these groups, with light overtraining, but that would make things SO much easier to organize!

Tubs in different colors, group areas, and training procedures.

(shrugs) Just sounds like good planning to me.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: Dividing your prepping groups into "Star Trek" groups.

Postby Wolvee » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:20:55

I think it's something only us nerds could appreciate, lol.
Le prixs'oublie, la qualité reste

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Wolvee
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Wolvee

My Arsenal:
German stuff

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:52:25

"MAN! I ain't gonna be a red shirt! HEEELLLL NO!"

We could call them "Scotties", and make them feel better.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby ShotgunBlast » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 07:24:51

If you're on an away mission and the rest of the party consists of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, you're screwed.

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Postby mamabearCali » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 22:29:05

I think you had better add at least two more groups. Green for food cultivation and collection. Orange for food prep and camp organization.

Existing in a damaged early agricultural world is VERY hard work. You need all the organization and help you can get.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:52:44

I think the science officers, and technical officers can handle all of that mama.

Also, we need to recognize that the "aliens" we're dealing with will be greedy unprepared types, and bluntly... "FckStun".

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby dorminWS » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:28:45

Recently stumbled across a science fiction trashbook titled "Redshirts" on an Amazon Kindle search. I thought it was about the ordinance crews on carrier decks - until I read the review. But it was about the guys who always go on away teams with the captain and science officer of a starship and get killed. It never occurred to me until I read this post that it was a "Star Trek" reference. Duh.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 00:13:09

Another bad thing to be? The girlfriend of ANY of the MALE Captain's!

Friggin' killed off like they had a deathwish...

Back to topic, it's a nice break down: Science/Medical, Technical/Service, Security/Admin-Intel....

Three areas, easy to maintain, easy to control, and organize within, into three separate groups.

Everyone does their part, and of course there will be the "WE do more than THEY do!" I remember a sergeant saying once "If you think you're doing all the work, and someone else is only doing 10%, you're doing 50% in reality. You should always do your own 100%, plus 10% to make sure you're doing your ACTUAL part!"

(shrugs) I know the galley at work is spotless because we've got lots of folks who believe this phrase. From the lowly phone jockey to the top admins. We're not above wiping down a counter, making a fresh pot, and clearing drains.

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

ads

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)