How to post pictures in the forum

Report problems with the forum.
Post ideas for additions or changes to the forum.
Request help with forum functionality.

How to post pictures in the forum

Postby allingeneral » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:49:42

There are two ways to post pictures in the forum, depending on where the picture is saved - on your computer or on the internet.

####################################################
Pictures saved on your computer (Upload to the forum)
####################################################
If the picture is saved on your own computer, then you will probably just want to upload it as an attachment. In order to do this when posting a new message, scroll down to just below the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons and click the "Upload Attachment" tab, as show here. You can click the image below to maximize it.

image-attach-1.jpg

Then, click the "Browse" button to locate the image on your computer, click OK to select the image, then click "Add the File" to add it to your forum post.

image-attach-2.jpg

That's all there is to attaching an image. Both of the images above are examples of attached images.

###################################################
Pictures that are on the internet (Link to the image)
###################################################
If the picture is located on the internet, then you can just link to it instead of uploading it to the forum. To do this, just use the [img] tag by clicking the Img button, then copy and paste the image URL in between the tags - like this:

image-link-2.jpg
image-link-2.jpg (5.18 KiB) Viewed 2990 times

image-link.jpg

I hope that helps!

By the way... that's my wife kissing a catfish that I caught a couple of years ago :)
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: How to post pictures in the forum

Postby Bob » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:51:29

Thanks for your help, your directions where real good, the problem I had was getting my pictures sized properly.
They were too big and the site would not accept them, once I got that figured out I was in good shape. I had to try it again this morning to make sure I knew what I was doing.

I think this is going to be a great forum for Va gun owners. I'm glad OakRidgeStars told me about it.
The Bonnie Blue Flag

"I'll keep My Guns, My Freedom, and My Money, You can keep the Change"

Bob
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bob

Next Firearm:
A new 12 ga. more than likely a Mossberg

Postby kanata67 » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:48:54

awsome info. Love the examples and screen shots. Makes me miss my pet catfish that I could pet and would eat pasta out of my hand though.

I think the site is a wealth of knowledge for anybody... even those of us who don't live in VA
"The deeper sorrow cleaves into your soul the greater it's capacity to contain joy" -DeSade

when in doubt set it on fire.

kanata67
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
walther p22
others

Postby karmassassin » Sun, 16 Nov 2014 12:34:25

Thanks!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
karmassassin
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Karma

Postby eburton2 » Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:15:24

Thanks for the info!!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
eburton2
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Savage FCP 10 SR / Savage FCP-K 10 / Colt LE6920 Socom / Arsenal SAM7R-66 / XDm .40 Compact / XDm .45 Compact / Sig P250 .45 / Sig P250 9mm w/ .40 conversion kit / 1950 Russian SKS (Never Fired)

Postby speezack » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 15:56:06

I know this is old... but... what is anyone using as an internet transfer site for pics now that Photobucket has removed the ability to post pics from their site (unless of course if you want to pay the exorbitant price to keep the process... )

... is there any other site that allows transferring the pics like they did... ??? :confused: :enlighten: :doh:
Bill Marx, Sr.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
"Will Rogers"

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
speezack
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
... can you ever have enough????

Next Firearm:
always wanted..... M1918A2 BAR, for varmits and such...

Postby AlanM » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 18:07:07

imgur.com
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Hey Rick -- How to post pictures in the forum

Postby wittmeba » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:47:02

...snippit...
allingeneral wrote:Image
I hope that helps!

By the way... that's my wife kissing a catfish that I caught a couple of years ago :)

Will she kiss me like that? I think I'm better lookin' (maybe not much) than that fish!
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby confederate4ver1 » Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:50:00

Thanks

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
confederate4ver1
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
smith and wesson shield 45

Postby confederate4ver1 » Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:50:46

Bob wrote:Thanks for your help, your directions where real good, the problem I had was getting my pictures sized properly.
They were too big and the site would not accept them, once I got that figured out I was in good shape. I had to try it again this morning to make sure I knew what I was doing.

I think this is going to be a great forum for Va gun owners. I'm glad OakRidgeStars told me about it.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
confederate4ver1
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
smith and wesson shield 45

Return to Forum Suggestions and Help