Last Cheap Scope Finally Died :-(

Discussions about reliability, accuracy, cost and other factors relating your your current glass or a new purchase

Re: Last Cheap Scope Finally Died :-(

Postby MarcSpaz » Wed, 06 May 2015 22:38:30

LoL. I'm game.

If we have another club get-together that I can make it to, I'll be more than happy to let people try either. I love sharing my toys.

Its funny, but after owning things like these for awhile... especially the NFA stuff... the novelty has worn off. I actually get my enjoyment out of bringing new shooters to the range and watching them have a great time.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: Last Cheap Scope Finally Died :-(

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:26:05

Well... I give up. I moved this scope to my SIG 516 and just like every other scope... I can't get this scope to hold zero anymore. And this is the 5.56. Not even the 7.62.

With iron sights or my EOTech I can shoot a solid 3 minute group at 100 yards all day. I move up to 15x magnification and I'm lucky if the rifle puts a 6 MOA group on paper at 100 yards. The worst group I had today was 5 shots spread across 10 MOA of paper

I have spent over $6,000 on hardware and damn near 2 years trying to get an AR to run out past 200 yards reliably and have made no progress whatsoever. I don't know if its the scopes actually failing or if its my eyes with the astigmatism... but I'm done.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Previous

Return to Scopes and Optics