SIG 300 blackout recall

Rifle discussions - Rifle ammunition, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your rifle.

SIG 300 blackout recall

Postby kelu » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 14:45:05

SIG SAUER is conducting a mandatory replacement of the carriage assembly in SIG MCX rifles.

SIG has found through extensive factory testing that in extremely rare instances, not reported in the field and extremely difficult to replicate, a condition may exist causing an unintended discharge.

Failure to follow the loading procedures and basic rules of safe firearms handling outlined in the user’s manual has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death.
Although this has only been witnessed in 300 blackout, SIG has decided to upgrade all MCX models since the MCX is a modular platform and we want to ensure the quality and reliability of all products we manufacture.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/12/sig-sau ... t-program/

Marc, I think you have a 300 blackout?
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Re: SIG 300 blackout recall

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 17:14:56

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a 300 Blackout, but only the lower is actually SIG parts. The upper is AAC. I have the MPX 9mm complete weapon, but that has a different carrier group. I should be good there too.

Stuff like this is why it is absolutely critical to have proper muzzle discipline 100% of the time.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to Rifles