Hunter Company Western Loop RH Bond Derringer Antq BrwnWestern Loop RH Bond Derringer Antq Brwn
Hunter Company
    Hunter Company Authentic Double Loop LH RugBhwk4.6"Authentic Double Loop LH RugBhwk4.6"
Hunter Company
    Hunter Company Authentic Double Loop LH Rug SnglSixAuthentic Double Loop LH Rug SnglSix
Hunter Company

CVA Optima Elite Stalker .270

Rifle discussions - Rifle ammunition, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your rifle.

CVA Optima Elite Stalker .270

Postby AJ86 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:29:26

So, I recently purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods a CVA Optima Elite "Stalker" centerfire rifle for $139.00. It is a single shot break action .270, Heavy Stainless Barrel with a black stock, with a 4-12x40 Bushnell Trophy XLT DOA600 scope that I just installed. I looked up the Bergara barrel company which is where the barrel is from and they listed that specific barrel at $199. So, I figured...$139 for the whole gun? Why not?

Now, searching on the CVA website, I see no mention what so ever of a Stalker centerfire rifle. I Googled the firearm and came across a couple people saying that the gun was made for Dicks Sporting Goods specifically. Then I read that CVA had a huge overstock of spare parts and matched up what they could and made the Stalker...kind of like a "well we might as well" type of deal.

I Love single shots, mostly because they tend to be a bit more accurate but I haven't shot this one yet. I saw that they have a promise of a 1" grouping or you can send the gun back...they seem pretty confident. I like that.

Does anyone know the real story behind this gun?

When I sight the Stalker in this weekend, i'll update you all with performance quality of this thing.

AJ86
On Target
On Target

First Name: Andrew

My Arsenal:
JC Higgins model 29 .22LR
Savage 111 .300WinMag
Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40S&W
Sig Sauer P226 .40S&W
Kel Tec P32 .32acp
Savage 93 .17HMR
CVA Stalker .270Win
CVA Buckhorn .50 BP
Remington 870 Express Magnum 12g
M1 Carbine .30
Japanese Type 97 6.5x50mm Arisaka
Pepperbox pistol .45 BP

Re: CVA Optima Elite Stalker .270

Postby vabearhtr67 » Sun, 25 Mar 2012 00:32:41

I bought my CVA Optima Elite Special in 45-70 a couple of years ago at Gander Mountain. Mine is very accurate, shooting under 1" groups at 100 yards. They are a great deal, I paid $239 for mine it has a camo stock and forend and stainless receiver and barrel. I also have a another optima elite with interchangable barrels in .270 and 50 cal. The .270 shoots under 1" groups also. The only downfall is the Staker and Special versions you can't change barrels but if you like single shot rifles, I think you will love it.

vabearhtr67
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Return to Rifles