Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA (per 4)Ultimate Lithium AA (per 4)
Energizer
    Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA (per 4)Ultimate Lithium AAA (per 4)
Energizer
    Energizer NiMH Rechargeable AAA (per 4)NiMH Rechargeable AAA (per 4)
Energizer

Cost for Annual Membership at Ranges in Richmond

Richmond, Mechanicsville, Petersburg

Moderator: ProShooter

Re: Cost for Annual Membership at Ranges in Richmond

Postby ChicagoGuy » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 00:17:51

xjohnx wrote:I'm pretty sure Colonial is going to allow you to bring your own ammo, so that should help curb some of the costs.

Plus they have some other perks like quick clean service, firearm storage, FFL transfers, etc.

I'd like to make a few quick points. NONE of what you mentioned is included in a standard "Academy" membership. Also, add $100.00 to that total you quoted. There is also a $100 "initiation fee" on top of that monthly fee. Lastly there IS A reference to a discount on "range" ammo which seems (to me at least) to indicate the usage of their ammo.

Only time will tell. For my money.......walmart target ammo and a $20.00 fee with unlimited time at Smoking Gun is still the best bet if your shooting multi calibers.

ChicagoGuy
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Dave

My Arsenal:
A few of these, a couple of those, one or two of that......and oh. THIS ONE!!!!!

Next Firearm:
AR 15

Postby Wallace » Sun, 19 Feb 2012 08:38:33

ChicagoGuy wrote:
xjohnx wrote:I'm pretty sure Colonial is going to allow you to bring your own ammo, so that should help curb some of the costs.

Plus they have some other perks like quick clean service, firearm storage, FFL transfers, etc.

I'd like to make a few quick points. NONE of what you mentioned is included in a standard "Academy" membership. Also, add $100.00 to that total you quoted. There is also a $100 "initiation fee" on top of that monthly fee. Lastly there IS A reference to a discount on "range" ammo which seems (to me at least) to indicate the usage of their ammo.

Only time will tell. For my money.......walmart target ammo and a $20.00 fee with unlimited time at Smoking Gun is still the best bet if your shooting multi calibers.

From their website...

"Can I bring my own ammo?
Yes, however there are limitations. All ammo must be full metal jacket and no steel cores, no tracers or armor piercing bullets will be allowed. Additionally, you can get competitive pricing from us on all ammo, including $1/box discounts for members."

And they do have FFL transfers for Academy members but there is a fee.

Smoking Gun sounds interesting. Where is that located?

Wallace
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby Diomed » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:47:03

FMJ only? So no HP/SP?

I guess that means no practicing with your self defense/home defense ammo, or sighting in your hunting rifle.

Pretty bizarre restriction, actually.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby ChicagoGuy » Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:24:02

..........now it seems everyone must also pass a background check. I'm not sure how your a "non" membership casual shooter? Anyone who owns a weapon knows that is not gonna be a 5 minute exercise. I'm sure this is gonna be a nice place. I don't think this has ever been in question. However, I'm just a casual shooter (30-60 days). I'm clearly not the "target" audience.

ChicagoGuy
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Dave

My Arsenal:
A few of these, a couple of those, one or two of that......and oh. THIS ONE!!!!!

Next Firearm:
AR 15

Postby xjohnx » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:27:19

Diomed wrote:FMJ only? So no HP/SP?

I guess that means no practicing with your self defense/home defense ammo, or sighting in your hunting rifle.

Dominion on Hull St has the same rule, except you have to buy your FMJ ammo from them directly, whereas Colonial you can BYO.

xjohnx
Marksman
Marksman

Postby ZombieHamster » Fri, 25 May 2012 08:36:05

CSA is totally worth it!
I have joined and the membership has paid for itself.
Going every sunday morning for the past 5 weeks would have cost me $100 alone! $100 one time and $35 a month?? need i do the math???
Kpspaintball.com

ZombieHamster
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Joe

My Arsenal:
Glock 19

Postby Baer45 » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:26:44

Diomed wrote:FMJ only? So no HP/SP?

CSA allows hollow points and defensive rounds, which by many are considered FMJ. It just common sense not to take steel tipped ammo to an indoor range, problem is a lot of people don't know it's steal tipped..... There ammo prices are about the same as Walmart or Dicks and cheaper if you are a Member....

Marine Corp

Baer45
Sighting In
Sighting In

My Arsenal:
Desert Tactic SRS
Too many

Previous

Return to Richmond