CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!

What range did you visit, what did you shoot, how were you treated, etc. Tell us about your day at the range.

CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!

Postby snatale42 » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:05:38

I got off to a rocky start with Colonial Shooting Academy with all the info the wanted, but got over it because the range is awesome and you can shoot your own ammo. UNTIL I brought in my Saiga to shoot. For those who don't know they want to physically "check" all your ammo you plan on shooting. Well, this is how they "checked" mine!

A little much, don't you think? I kept it for future visits. But if that doesn't fly me and this place are going to have a problem unless there willing to replace the rounds they cut on me. They just looked at pistol ammo so I don't see why this is necessary.
Need help with your computer? I'm a PC Technician that will give my "friend rate" to any VGOF member. I can fix most problems remotely. I take Credit, Guns, Ammo and some accessories as payment! PM me for Details

snatale42
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Stephen

My Arsenal:
What Aresenal?

Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:38:05

I guess no one had a magnet on them? :dunno:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby snatale42 » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:46:58

OakRidgeStars wrote:I guess no one had a magnet on them? :dunno:

They did, it stuck. But you would think they would have the common sense to know that current production ammo can't be steel core. It was Tula 7.62x39. I can see if it were old as dirt and possibly commie surplus...but brand new stuff?
Need help with your computer? I'm a PC Technician that will give my "friend rate" to any VGOF member. I can fix most problems remotely. I take Credit, Guns, Ammo and some accessories as payment! PM me for Details

snatale42
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
What Aresenal?

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:52:43

Common sense isn't as common as you would think.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Postby Palladin » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:07:05

Just ask them to cut a little closer to the nose, with sharper nippers, then you've got poorboy's softpoints! :clap:
Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...

Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Glen

My Arsenal:
Wrist Rocket and a pocket full of 00buck...

Postby Diomed » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 01:08:05

Man, each passing week makes this range less attractive. Which is unfortunate, because it's about ten minutes from my apartment. And air-conditioned (right?), which neither of the outdoor clubs I belong to can claim.

Palladin wrote:Just ask them to cut a little closer to the nose, with sharper nippers, then you've got poorboy's softpoints! :clap:

If it doesn't blow out the core, leaving the jacket in the barrel.

Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Nah

Postby allingeneral » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:37:33

I don't think I'd be so much upset about the 50 cents that the round cost me, but I definitely think that their approach seems extremely rude. Did they tell you they were going to cut it, or did they just say "let me see that" and snipped it off without asking?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Postby snatale42 » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:45:49

allingeneral wrote:I don't think I'd be so much upset about the 50 cents that the round cost me, but I definitely think that their approach seems extremely rude. Did they tell you they were going to cut it, or did they just say "let me see that" and snipped it off without asking?

They said they would have to cut it, but if going back with the already cut round isn't enough, that's going to be an issue.

snatale42
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

My Arsenal:
What Aresenal?

ads

Return to Range Reports