Buck Knives ErgoHunter® Caping - SelectErgoHunter® Caping - Select
Buck Knives
    Buck Knives 3648 Buck/Hood Hoodlum3648 Buck/Hood Hoodlum
Buck Knives
    Buck Knives 3644 TOPS/Nighthawk Oxide Blade3644 TOPS/Nighthawk Oxide Blade
Buck Knives

Clark Brothers

What range did you visit, what did you shoot, how were you treated, etc. Tell us about your day at the range.

Re: Clark Brothers

Postby thekinetic » Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:50:52

Yes, at least when I was 12. And I know about getting hit with brass, at the nra range there were two morons, wearing house shoes no less >:(, holding their guns (that were neatly piled on top of each other on the table) over the line. The brass was flying over into our lane, one hit me in the head. These two were goofs with no buisness owning guns.

I was so furious at them I thought I would give them a taste of their own medicine. So I pulled out my 30/30, and my dad his .357. Now these are two LOUD guns, and we fired round after round after round. Well after about five minutes those two goofs left. Couldn't take the heat I guess! :hysterical:
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
thekinetic
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Error 404 Guns Not Found

Postby mstuff » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:09:30

When CB was the only game in town I would go there from time to time. Back then there was no RSO it was all just yelling out for a cease fire and do what you like, as long as you bought their ammo. This was before they built all those houses out back.

1979, first time I went there, I got pulled over by the State Police on the way home, I was riding my CB500 on the shoulder of 29 in a light snow storm headed into Warrenton to the Honda dealer, had a rear flat while parked at CB.

After he figured out why I was riding on the gravel shoulder he let me go on my way.

He never asked why I was sitting on a rifle with no case that was aimed across the seat to the right side, guess he didnt care about that, just that I was riding on the shoulder about 10 mph.

I went there in this past year, didnt care for it, lots of people and there were a few too many newb gf's with not much better bf's teaching them to shoot, and a lot of bad handgun handling going on.

And I can say that cause in 1982 I was the bf teaching the gf how to shoot a small revolver and the guys next to us had to come over and tell us to move forward due to the sideshot coming out towards them from the cylinder to barrel

mstuff
On Target
On Target

Postby mstuff » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:13:18

So whats the rule at CB now where you have to use their ammo and there aint no ammo ?

mstuff
On Target
On Target

Postby jasonallen127 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:25:23

They were pretty stocked with most calibers when I was there a week ago. 9mm, .357, .40, .45, weird stuff like .454 and .50AE, rifle rounds of almost any flavor, and tons of reloading components. I don't think their prices have changed much either, unlike many other stores, but as always they are marked up a bit to cover range fees. Call ahead if you're worried they don't have your ammo, but I wouldn't worry unless you're shooting something obscure.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
jasonallen127
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jason

My Arsenal:
.357 Mag
12 Gauge

Next Firearm:
Reducing what I have.

Postby Doyle » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:55:36

mstuff wrote:So whats the rule at CB now where you have to use their ammo and there aint no ammo ?

I always take any ammo with me that I intend on shooting. If they have the ammo I buy some from them. If they don't have the particular ammo I just tell them they don't have any and ask if they would be any problem shooting some that I have brought with me. I will usually buy some ammo from them that I need anyway so they get a sale. I have never had a problem with them telling me that I couldn't shoot my own ammo if they don't have any.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member  
Doyle
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Doyle

Postby DryBones » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:59:36

stopped in for my first time to drop off a rifle for a once over check and thorough cleaning. Very friendly and attentive staff. explained all their store and range policies. No .22lr high velocity. just low velocity, good for bolts and revolvers I was told. Said they were limiting ammo to 1 box per customer even for the range but if you had your own you could use it after buying the one box of theirs. Range was pretty empty except for an older guy shooting a left hand .22 bolt rifle at 100 yards and a couple other guys with 2 different rifles. 1 was a 30-30 lever action and man was that thing loud! looked like fun though! Also had a guy shotgunning pidgeons with 3 different guns. the rest of the range was empty so it looks like mid week day is a great time to go shooting!

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
DryBones
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Jason

My Arsenal:
Noneya

Next Firearm:
a few more

Previous

Return to Range Reports