real deal about high velocity impact damage.

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer

real deal about high velocity impact damage.

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 23:00:40

http://www.kenrahn.com/JFK/Scientific_t ... speed.html

his statements about jfk, tho, are based upon "evidence" that was doctored and the man's brain has long since disappeared. Now WHY would anyone steal his brain, hmm? Unless it was vital evidence that could not be made public. The plane took an unexplained 2+extra hours to arrive at Bethesda, from Dallas. Wonder what all went on during those 2 hours, hmm?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: real deal about high velocity impact damage.

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 23:12:28

the larger the bore of the gun, the less velocity is needed for the temp cavity to be able to damage tissue not actually touched by the bullet. If you doubt this, shoot some chucks, coons, coyotes with hollowpoint 12 ga slugs sometime. :-) it doesn't require 2200 fps when the slug is 1" in diameter and a .72 bore 12 ga slug expands to 1" in a big hurry, at impact speeds of 1400 fps.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: real deal about high velocity impact damage.

Postby M1A4ME » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 08:27:19

Bullet placement. My dad and his dad killed ground hogs (and ate them) with their .22's. Head shots. I used to head shoot them with my .223. Much more fun to sneak up on them than to gut shoot them from longer range.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

ads

Return to Question and Answer