Pistol barrel threading

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer

Pistol barrel threading

Postby hiraganna » Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:04:05

Does anyone know if it is illegal for my local machine shop to thread the muzzle on my spare High Standard barrel

hiraganna
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
Steyr GB
2- High Standard Supermatic Trophy
BRNO ZKM611
BRNO Double Rifle
Beretta AL2
2-Tyrol 5522
Mauser 660
Carl Gustav 6.5x55
Ruger Mark 3

Re: Pistol barrel threading

Postby OakRidgeStars » Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:31:38

Nope, it's perfectly legal to have a threaded barrel.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby hiraganna » Wed, 03 Feb 2016 16:42:21

Thanks

hiraganna
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

My Arsenal:
Steyr GB
2- High Standard Supermatic Trophy
BRNO ZKM611
BRNO Double Rifle
Beretta AL2
2-Tyrol 5522
Mauser 660
Carl Gustav 6.5x55
Ruger Mark 3

Postby GettingOld » Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:35:53

OakRidgeStars wrote:Nope, it's perfectly legal to have a threaded barrel.

There are a few weird caveats to be aware of:

https://vacode.org/18.2-287.4/

ยง 18.2-287.4Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

GettingOld
On Target
On Target

Return to Question and Answer