carry revolver opinion

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer

Re: carry revolver opinion

Postby SHMIV » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 15:00:20

The point of a revolver chambered in .380? No clue. The OP was asking about revolvers, and I mentioned that my sister had one, and that it was lightweight. Personally, I would not have chosen the thing. And, BTW, how the hell would you know exactly what my sister has got in the way of guns? All I mentioned was a caliber, followed by an aside that she found it to be too light weight.

Incidentally, finding an example of a revolver chambered in .380 took me all of 2 seconds. Google is fairly spiffy in that respect.

The difference in .38 and .357, as far as recoil goes, (and, by the way, we are no longer on the topic of my sisters gun) has been negligible, in MY experience. Obviously, if you pop a few rounds of .38 through a Ruger Security Six, then follow that with popping a few rounds of .357 from some air-weight thing, yes, you will absolutely feel a difference. I never claimed otherwise. But, my experience has involved 2 different pistols, both of them .357's. Both of them were fairly weighty, and both of them had upgraded rubber grips. I have fired both .357 and .38 from both pistols. And, in both pistols, I found no noticeable difference between the two rounds. Others have had the same experience as I did, in my presence.

You may have had a different experience with a similar scenario. Maybe you're super sensitive, or a little weak in the wrists. And, that's okay.

Either way, I'm not going to continue arguing my experiences. You can accept them, or not; I really don't care, either way. I'm also not going to continue arguing about my sisters pistol. Having actually laid eyes upon the weapon, and even held it in my grubby little paws, in order to examine it, I can speak to it with a bit more authority than you can, considering that there is absolutely zero chance that you would have the opportunity to examine anything belonging to a sister of mine.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby bali » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 21:49:22

since you got caught lying about the caliber, you mean?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby WRW » Sun, 09 Oct 2016 23:07:24

bali wrote:since you got caught lying about the caliber, you mean?

I beg your pardon? In what post was a lie made?

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby WRW » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 00:37:16

As for the point of a revolver chambered in .380...it makes for a shorter revolver. Kurtz means short, 9mm Kurtz is the .380 caliber. Shorter means easier concealment.

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby bali » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 06:00:48

it also means "feeble" and there's 380 autos with half the bulk of such revolvers.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby WRW » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 07:08:28

Where was that lie?

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby skeeterss0 » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:58:45

again bali trolling well established forum members
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:25:31

I just talked to my sister. She got rid of the Taurus .380; she didn't much care for the weight, as I said, but she found the moon clips to be obnoxious. She now carries a Ruger LCR, chambered in .38 special.

She likes it better than the Taurus, but really wishes that she could have that S&W back. She just doesn't remember what model it was. I think that she wants a heavier gun, to help absorb recoil better.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Previous

ads

Return to Question and Answer