SigTac RHS Retention Paddle XD 9mm/40/45RHS Retention Paddle XD 9mm/40/45
SigTac
    SigTac Standard paddle Holster J Frame RHStandard paddle Holster J Frame RH
SigTac
    SigTac ACP w/ UniRldPstlAdptr/QD SlngMt/Laser StACP w/ UniRldPstlAdptr/QD SlngMt/Laser St
SigTac

Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby davasmith » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:22:00

I'd sneak in some cigarettes, wine and bread. Then I'd call all the big wigs together for a sit down. Then I'd hand out rations until all the hands were full. Then I'd grab my m-16 and shoot every last muslim. I'm just saying...... :whistle:


User avatar
davasmith
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:22:53
First Name: Joshua

My Arsenal:
A sharp wit, and a big stick.... shhhh...

Next Firearm:
Class 3 Form 4 ???

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:33:38

davasmith wrote:I'd sneak in some cigarettes, wine and bread. Then I'd call all the big wigs together for a sit down. Then I'd hand out rations until all the hands were full. Then I'd grab my m-16 and shoot every last muslim. I'm just saying...... :whistle:


................................. :thumbsdown:
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:50:05

So much for civility :dunno:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Image @OakRidgeStars


Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
User avatar
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 12042
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
Location: Virginia Beach
First Name: Jay

My Arsenal:
I have no idea what you're talking about

Next Firearm:
Something scary...

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby grumpyMSG » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:20:47

jim100 wrote: Ahh but perhaps they are, would life be worth living if you are a slave? would we be happy here in America if martial law were declared? with no freedom of speech no right to keep arms, dependant on the Government for our every needs? now ask your self this if you had the opportunity to boot out your oppressors what would you do? would you sneak in food or the means to destroy your oppressor so you can grow your own without most of it being taken away?


There would be several holes in your analogy and premise: Israael does not occupy the Palastinian territories, they put up fences and walls and clear buffer zone to prevent attack. They do nothing to prevent freedom of speech within the territories, that is done by Hamas and Hezbollah. As for the opportunity to boot out my oppressor, how many times would you attack somebody with rockets (usually launched from near a hospital or school)and kill 5 people, then have them turn around and kill 50 of your friends and family? Me, I think I'd learn real quick that is a losing proposition. I love my friends and family and don't wish to "Martyr" them. I think I would go with smuggling the food. If my "Oppressors" saw that I did not present a threat to them, they might not be so oppressive. But that is just my logic...
Of course it is in the last place you looked, you're not going to keep looking for something after you've found it.


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:24:42
Location: the Valley
First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby zephyp » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:21:34

@jim100 - Oh, I never meant to infer that religion is the reason we are such staunch allies with Israel. I do believe though that many Americans think that and our government is happy with that. The real reason is if we were not such "good" friends with Israel we would not have control over them pushing the button. In other words, if not for our direct intervention, coddling, and pleading with them they would have slagged a couple of other countries many years ago...thus threatening the oil supply in the Middle East.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:40:57

grumpyMSG wrote:
jim100 wrote: Ahh but perhaps they are, would life be worth living if you are a slave? would we be happy here in America if martial law were declared? with no freedom of speech no right to keep arms, dependant on the Government for our every needs? now ask your self this if you had the opportunity to boot out your oppressors what would you do? would you sneak in food or the means to destroy your oppressor so you can grow your own without most of it being taken away?


There would be several holes in your analogy and premise: Israel does not occupy the Palestinian territories, they put up fences and walls and clear buffer zone to prevent attack. They do nothing to prevent freedom of speech within the territories, that is done by Hamas and Hezbollah. As for the opportunity to boot out my oppressor, how many times would you attack somebody with rockets (usually launched from near a hospital or school)and kill 5 people, then have them turn around and kill 50 of your friends and family? Me, I think I'd learn real quick that is a losing proposition. I love my friends and family and don't wish to "Martyr" them. I think I would go with smuggling the food. If my "Oppressors" saw that I did not present a threat to them, they might not be so oppressive. But that is just my logic...

Perhaps what i am trying to say is best expressed here http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/sides.html
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby GS78 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:33:28

jim100 wrote:
grumpyMSG wrote: Ahh but perhaps they are, would life be worth living if you are a slave? would we be happy here in America if martial law were declared? with no freedom of speech no right to keep arms, dependant on the Government for our every needs? now ask your self this if you had the opportunity to boot out your oppressors what would you do? would you sneak in food or the means to destroy your oppressor so you can grow your own without most of it being taken away?
What are you implying here?
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby GS78 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:48:31

davasmith wrote:I'd sneak in some cigarettes, wine and bread. Then I'd call all the big wigs together for a sit down. Then I'd hand out rations until all the hands were full. Then I'd grab my m-16 and shoot every last muslim. I'm just saying...... :whistle:
look, I dont want to sound like an adversary, BUT , you have to stop being a HATER, and embrace the multi-culturalism which is the new America. Please do your best to accept all of Allahs ' children and don't make any waves and keep your mouth shut and everything will be ok.Welcome to the new Amerika.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 23:06:26

I never said that we should accept Islam, this is a case of the unethical treatment of one people by another. Just like you probably sympathize with the Jews over THE "Holocaust" I sympathize with the Palestinians over theirs.

Just as a interesting side note guess which of the 2 main religions in the area think more highly of Christ.
(Hint its not Judaism)

The Talmud says Christ is suffering punishment in hell by sitting in cauldron of human excrement up to his shoulders.

The Koran says that Christ is a prophet of Allah.

Now before you say that I am a Muslim let me stop that course of thought. I am a follower of Christ pure and simple, nor am I propagating Islam. I am simply saying that of the two religions previously mentioned that the Koran is "friendlier" to Christians than the Talmud.
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby grumpyMSG » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 23:10:41

GS78 wrote:
jim100 wrote:
grumpyMSG wrote: Ahh but perhaps they are, would life be worth living if you are a slave? would we be happy here in America if martial law were declared? with no freedom of speech no right to keep arms, dependant on the Government for our every needs? now ask your self this if you had the opportunity to boot out your oppressors what would you do? would you sneak in food or the means to destroy your oppressor so you can grow your own without most of it being taken away?
What are you implying here?

I don't know whether it was intentional or accidental, but you inverted my statement with jim100's. It should have said:
jim100 wrote:
grumpyMSG wrote:
jim100 wrote: Ahh but perhaps they are, would life be worth living if you are a slave? would we be happy here in America if martial law were declared? with no freedom of speech no right to keep arms, dependant on the Government for our every needs? now ask your self this if you had the opportunity to boot out your oppressors what would you do? would you sneak in food or the means to destroy your oppressor so you can grow your own without most of it being taken away?


There would be several holes in your analogy and premise: Israel does not occupy the Palestinian territories, they put up fences and walls and clear buffer zone to prevent attack. They do nothing to prevent freedom of speech within the territories, that is done by Hamas and Hezbollah. As for the opportunity to boot out my oppressor, how many times would you attack somebody with rockets (usually launched from near a hospital or school)and kill 5 people, then have them turn around and kill 50 of your friends and family? Me, I think I'd learn real quick that is a losing proposition. I love my friends and family and don't wish to "Martyr" them. I think I would go with smuggling the food. If my "Oppressors" saw that I did not present a threat to them, they might not be so oppressive. But that is just my logic...

Perhaps what i am trying to say is best expressed here http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/sides.html

I wouldn't be the correct person to respond to your question, because that was not my statement. I don't agree with jim100's position, but I respect it. I would agree that Israel is no angel, but the Palestinians have done things to contribute to their own plight. Here is an example of Israel being blamed for something that sounds ludicrous: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11937285, You want to blame them for leveling houses to clear fields of fire, creating a no man's land, I can't argue with it at all. The mysterious chemical attacks mentioned in the article, sounds like a long stretch. In a chemical attack like that, the wind shifts and you are just as likely to cause casuaulties to your own civilian poputation. People being randomly shot, it's possible, but I would also say that it is also possible that it was being done by Palestinians, to Palestinians who were thought to be Israeli collaborators. Think about it, get rid of a rat and blame it on the "enemy", it's a two for one. What we need to understand is that their is propaganda being put out by both sides in the conflict, and both sides are enhancing it with some organic fertilzer (B.S.), if you want to accuse me of drinking the Israeli "Kool-Aid", I'd say it was just a sip or two.
Of course it is in the last place you looked, you're not going to keep looking for something after you've found it.


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
grumpyMSG
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:24:42
Location: the Valley
First Name: Greg

My Arsenal:
Several Classics, ARs and a few Pistols

Next Firearm:
It'll ask to come home with me...

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 23:36:59

I can't disagree with your statement that both sides have lots of propaganda or that both sides have committed atrocities. However let us look at the facts. The reason that the middle east is in such turmoil is the fact that the Jews just kicked out the native inhabitants of the region after they had been there for 1000 years. Without payment, without so much as a "by your leave". than how did they do it you might ask? by subversive and murderous means often killing, deporting, stealing, and cheating the palestinians out of their land through the use of superior weapons supplied by the western allies after WW2.
That is why the Palestinians hate the Jews and why I think that the palestinians are in the right, the Palestinians have not taken the Jewish homeland which the Jews have lived in for a 1000+, the Jews have done this and by unethical and just plain wrong means.
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby Diomed » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 02:46:15

jim100 wrote:I can't disagree with your statement that both sides have lots of propaganda or that both sides have committed atrocities. However let us look at the facts. The reason that the middle east is in such turmoil is the fact that the Jews just kicked out the native inhabitants of the region after they had been there for 1000 years. Without payment, without so much as a "by your leave". than how did they do it you might ask? by subversive and murderous means often killing, deporting, stealing, and cheating the palestinians out of their land through the use of superior weapons supplied by the western allies after WW2.
That is why the Palestinians hate the Jews and why I think that the palestinians are in the right, the Palestinians have not taken the Jewish homeland which the Jews have lived in for a 1000+, the Jews have done this and by unethical and just plain wrong means.

That's not all that much different from how this country was founded.

Human history is conquest.


User avatar
Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:28:14
Location: Central VA
First Name: Nah

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:29:10

That is exactly why I am against Israel attempting to conquest palestine, the treatment of then native Americans was wrong and unethical........But the Indians aren't shooting at us any more and we aren't shooting at them. however in palestine the issue is still in doubt.
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby Kreutz » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:52:43

I am 100% with Jim. He is also correct on the Talmudic interpretation.

I would like to see Israel prosper; but not on the course it has been on. Zionism is a poison and an evil one at that. Israel was founded on terrorism (Stern gang, Irgun, etc.) and it shouldn't be a surprise its a violent place to this day.

Palestinians got screwed and have legitimate grievances.

If a country forced jews to live like the Israelis force the Palestinians to in the Gaza strip, there would be worldwide outcry and sanctions. There is an enormous double standard at work in the conflict.


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
User avatar
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
 
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:26:42
Location: Roanoke County
First Name: Brian

My Arsenal:
30.06
12ga.
9mm
.45
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby gunderwood » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:43:35

jim100 wrote:Just as a interesting side note guess which of the 2 main religions in the area think more highly of Christ.
(Hint its not Judaism)

The Talmud says Christ is suffering punishment in hell by sitting in cauldron of human excrement up to his shoulders.

The Koran says that Christ is a prophet of Allah.

What does this have to do with anything? Unless you assume that we are supporting Israel purely because they are "Jews" and we are "Christians" it's irrelevant. Most American's are not "Christians" anymore and most Israeli's are not "Jews" anymore. Most of each is secular.

jim100 wrote:Now before you say that I am a Muslim let me stop that course of thought. I am a follower of Christ pure and simple, nor am I propagating Islam. I am simply saying that of the two religions previously mentioned that the Koran is "friendlier" to Christians than the Talmud.

Actions speak louder than works IMHO. While the Israeli's definitely are not our best friends, those "Jews" have killed far less American's than those "Muslims." (Since you think it is all about religion)
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.


User avatar
gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby gunderwood » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:45:57

Kreutz wrote:I would like to see Israel prosper; but not on the course it has been on. Zionism is a poison and an evil one at that. Israel was founded on terrorism (Stern gang, Irgun, etc.) and it shouldn't be a surprise its a violent place to this day.

Violence our government and the UN helped create. Much like how the communist Chinese are a direct result of us selling them out to the Russians at the end of WW2.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.


User avatar
gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34

Re: Showdown in the Middle East: Iran makes bold move

Postby jim100 » Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:40:38

gunderwood wrote:
jim100 wrote:Just as a interesting side note guess which of the 2 main religions in the area think more highly of Christ.
(Hint its not Judaism)

The Talmud says Christ is suffering punishment in hell by sitting in cauldron of human excrement up to his shoulders.

The Koran says that Christ is a prophet of Allah.

What does this have to do with anything? Unless you assume that we are supporting Israel purely because they are "Jews" and we are "Christians" it's irrelevant. Most Americans are not "Christians" anymore and most Israeli's are not "Jews" anymore. Most of each is secular.

Jim100 wrote:Now before you say that I am a Muslim let me stop that course of thought. I am a follower of Christ pure and simple, nor am I propagating Islam. I am simply saying that of the two religions previously mentioned that the Koran is "friendlier" to Christians than the Talmud.

Actions speak louder than works IMHO. While the Israeli's definitely are not our best friends, those "Jews" have killed far less Americans than those "Muslims." (Since you think it is all about religion)

My statement was to the "God fearing gun toting redneck" Christian people on this gun forum that might say that the USA should support Israel because of the mistaken notion that the Jews are God's chosen people. nothing more nothing less.


When I refer to the "Jew's" I am referring to the race of Jews that are descendant from the KHazarian people who came from the Crimean area of modern day Russia and who believe in Zionism.
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 12:15 KJV

For every thousand people hacking at the branches of evil there is only one hacking at the roots. H
enry David Thoreau


User avatar
jim100
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:01:10
First Name: yeahright

My Arsenal:
...............Say what?

Next Firearm:
PSL or FAL

Previous


Free Shipping on All Power Tools!

Return to Politics (All other non-firearm related)

Who is online

Registered users: andykim, Dooga, Fiddler1537, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, jmax, Lishie, Oakes, OakRidgeStars, PistolPilot, Rualert, trailrunner, vepcolm, WRW, Yahoo [Bot]

Shop Here!
Help support VGOF!


AIG Tactical - Do it now!
Red Stitch Tactical
Please Support
Our Sponsors

Be Prepared - Buy a Maglite Flashlight!