proposal for a 1,000 yard range in Southwest Va

What range did you visit, what did you shoot, how were you treated, etc. Tell us about your day at the range.

proposal for a 1,000 yard range in Southwest Va

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 12 Mar 2019 17:20:14

I ran across this old post on Spearhead Trails Facebook page. It may be an old post, but maybe members here would comment or otherwise communicate to indicate there is (if there is; and I can't imagine there is not) wide support for such a thing and a much broader community that would use such a range than their interest group includes. There is a lot of funding out there right now to develop tourism as an alternative to coal mining. This would also work to reclaim an orphan coal mine somewhere as a range. Maybe you guys could see your way clear to fan these flames a little. There is still a lot of local support, but the prospect of drawing folks in from outside the area would be a powerful incentive.

Also, if any of you are into four-wheeling or "mudding", check out the local trails. They look pretty awesome to me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855704 ... SEARCH_BOX

SPEARHEAD TRAILS PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855704117790940/
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

ads

Return to Range Reports