Bump fire - one round per trigger pull

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Bump fire - one round per trigger pull

Postby Swampman » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:16:42

Read this piece this morning written by a guy who is supposed to be educated. I guess not as he is still putting forward the myth that with a bump-fire stock you can pull the trigger once and fire multiple rounds.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/01/28/ ... lia29SRCJ9

Don't get what these people don't understand about the mechanics of a semi-automatic rifle, and what the addition of a bump-fire stock accomplishes. The trigger still has to be cycled through pull-release-reset to ready a subsequent round for discharge.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Re: Bump fire - one round per trigger pull

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:09:39

I don't think that its a matter of they don't understand. I believe that people like this are intentionally lying to further mislead the uninformed, in an effort to bolster support for their cause. Sadly, their cause is the enslavement of America.

The worst part about the article is, this person doesn't seem to dislike firearms... and seems to be pro-2A, at least on many fronts. That makes the intentional characterization of bump stocks more believable.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby AlexTheSane » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:27:52

MarcSpaz wrote:I don't think that its a matter of they don't understand. I believe that people like this are intentionally lying to further mislead the uninformed, in an effort to bolster support for their cause. Sadly, their cause is the enslavement of America.

The worst part about the article is, this person doesn't seem to dislike firearms... and seems to be pro-2A, at least on many fronts. That makes the intentional characterization of bump stocks more believable.

I know entirely too many people who are pro 2A and believe that bump stocks should be illegal. I've had circular arguments with them where they insist there's a difference between having a bump stock and bump firing in general.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
AlexTheSane
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Postby dusterdude » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 19:19:12

And those people are idiots

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps  
dusterdude
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter