22 arrested for gun trafficking

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

22 arrested for gun trafficking

Postby MarcSpaz » Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:09:43

I saw a Rick tweeted this out earlier. Figured I would share with the class. Of course the carpetbaggers did not fail to immediately blame Virginia's "relaxed gun laws". They are already asking Congress to reinstate the one going to month law and Universal background checks for all purchases public or private. What a joke. Don't they understand that no matter how much they restrict legal purchases, that it doesn't impact the criminals breaking into buildings and stealing 30 and 40 guns at a time in less than 60 seconds? I should expect nothing less coming from Democrats anyway.

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/gun-run ... z4bi3QFhur

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Re: 22 arrested for gun trafficking

Postby wittmeba » Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:48:28

I always come up with the same question for the law makers:

- What NEW law would have changed (or prevented) the outcome of this event?
If all the laws worked, there would never be any crime.

I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby Jon » Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:17:55

I've never understood what "universal" BG checks are. If all of those recovered guns were purchased legally in VA then the purchasers had BG checks done.

What difference would universal BG checks have made? Are we calling aliens on other planets to double check the purchaser is safe to buy across the galaxy? :roll:

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Jon
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Jonathan

Postby jdonovan » Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:05:41

Jon wrote:I've never understood what "universal" BG checks are.

the beginnings of a national firearms ownership database. It has NOTHING to do with crime control.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby skeeterss0 » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:01:57

when you hear "universal background checks" it means they want to do away with private sales or transfers without a background check. This would mean you couldn't sale a good friend of yours that hunting rifle of yours he has been eyeing without going down to the local FFL and doing a transfer. So as Jdonovan said, every legal gun sale would have a record and the feds would know where all the legal guns are. They would essentially have a database of all legal gun purchases and transfers.
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:52:24

They don't really care about the purchases or transfers. They want to know "who" has guns. I won't get into why they want to know, but if you paid attention to the history of disarmament, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

ads

Return to General Discussion